Xbox 360 Beta Kits

Discussion in 'Games' started by kuyu, Jul 1, 2005.

1. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

2. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

All that detail probably means more development time.

3. Ringo macrumors regular

Ringo

I saw those pic 2 day ago and i was amaze :eek:
    Now we got photorealistic environment. Next step is physic even more close to reality, bullet hole and all.

4. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

People use the term physics to mean all the underlying reality to the game. Unfortunatly you don't see too much about that in physics text books. The thing is that although you could probably calculate how a bullet actually goes through an apple or something (on the atomic scale) it can never be done quickly. But it can be approximated easily without any physics calculations at all. Everyone thinks that they're gonna plug in parts of an equation, like the Hamiltonian, and spit out real physics. Thats not the case, everything you see in games is an approximation, most of which has little do to with real physics. Beyond things like momentum and gravity.

5. Fukui macrumors 68000

Fukui

Well I'm sorry to maybe burst your bubble, but... most of the photo realism comes from um, photos. I.E texture maps of real objects + bump mapping.
    Its nice, but I would like to see what a game in HD in motion would actually look like, not just screens... its defnitely looking better than before though.

6. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

7. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    that is the most amazing thing ive seen in quite awhile. if i didnt know that was a video game i swear i couldnt tell....absolutely amazing. i wonder what things like this could mean for movie studios? if a consumer console can do that in real-time what applications could it have for people like pixar or industrial light & magic?

8. Fukui macrumors 68000

Fukui

9. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

It could just be scripted rather than pre-rendered.

10. jadam macrumors 6502a

jadam

nah it is pre-rendered, the guys at bizzareonline said so. But all of the models and textures are the same ones used in game.

http://www.bizarreonline.net/index.php?action=fullnews&showcomments=1&id=29

11. Fukui macrumors 68000

Fukui

Yea thats possible, though the motion blurring looked too nice... if it CAN do that in realtime, then thats an accomplishment for sure.