xBox 360 cheapest next gen(this gen?) system!

Discussion in 'Games' started by zap2, Nov 22, 2006.

1. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

crazy! But yea, HDD and Wifi, wireless controller... :eek:

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I prefer the deal that puts a console on par with both £179 and £450 consoles, and an £80 DS. BUILT IN WIFI.

4. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

Whilst not 'cheap', this deal from Blockbuster is certainly the best value for money deal I've seen going on this holiday:
    -Xbox 360 Premium
    -Tom Clancy Splinter Cell: Double Agent
    -Pro Evolution Soccer 6
    -Gears Of War
    -Project Gotham Racing 3

...all for £349.99. Pretty good if you ask me.

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yep very good deal. much the same as irelands Xtravision deal.. Are xtravision & blockbuster owned by the same company ? both rental outlets.. mmmm

6. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

I think it's pretty much the same, apart from I'm sure the Xtravision has an extra controller bundled in too :confused: .

The only other deal that could potentially beat it for value for money at the moment I think is the Play.com deal where you get a premium 360 and Gears of War for 269.99.

7. thechris69 macrumors 6502

thechris69

8. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

Hey, all I can say is that I'll be pushing that button at 11am tommorow. Wish my refresh finger luck!

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Good luck finger! Pity the brain doesn't know about Opera :p
    Just kidding mate. but if memory serves there is an auto-refresh timer thing built into it. Might save a finger muscle or 2!

10. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Yeah but would you trust it? They don't usually support refresh times of milliseconds anyway. Seconds can be way too long!! :p

11. Motley macrumors 6502

So, what are the odds that Amazon's site gets hammered tomorrow?

12. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Amazon.co.uk started erroring yesterday when 2200 Wiis were presold in 2 minutes. Amazon.com's selling 1000 Xbox's and will probably sell out in 1 second!! I hope they have good servers!!

13. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

Eh, I wouldn;t trust something like this to a computer program. Sure, computers can do things like launch rockets and operate satellites in space but none of that is as important as my $100 360! :eek: :D

( I know I won't get it but at least I can try! )

14. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

I'm gonna try and get my dad to buy me one, and I just pay him back when I get paid next week, that way, I can at least try to save 200...

Though I'd probably take it to my job and see if they'd let me then trade it up for a Premium 360. :D

15. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

Heh. Its 10:54am and I've been refreshing for the past half an hour. The page is starting to get reallllly slow and refreshes are taking longer and longer. Don't know how long amazon's servers are going to hold up, if it all.

Actually I just hit refresh and the screen went white. Uh Oh. It just took a full 30 seconds to reload the page. 6 minutes to go!

16. Motley macrumors 6502

Umm, I heard it's been delayed until Friday, so you don't have to keep clicking today :D

17. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

I gave it a try. A page refresh took several minutes, I had six windows open all timed slightly differently and they sold out. Didn't even have the chance to click on a button!

18. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

Well it still says "Come back Thursday at 11 a.m. PST to get these deals." so I'm going to go with that. Anyway its 11:03 and the pages have stopped responding...

19. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

I GOT ONE!!! OH YEAH!!! Had it done before it was 1:01!!! I am so excited YESYEYSY YSYESKJ KJFL :D

20. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

Eh. Oh well. Both Safari and Firfox have refused to refresh for the last 5 or 6 minutes. Now I'm curious how many people were at the site. I wonder if Amazon will post something like that...

21. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Congratulations!

22. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

Their site is still gettin owned. I refreshed at exactly 1:00, it took a few seconds to come up. I click the get this deal button, I expected it to ask for my password since it said it would, but since I was logged in it didnt.

Since I was expecting that, I clicked the first yellow button I saw. Luckily the site was getting hammered, because it was actually the question page. So I had to answer the question quickly (15+2) and then check the agree to terms and click the yellow button again.... It was intense....

23. bowzer macrumors 6502

bowzer

yea, my page refreshes stopped at like 3mins before they went on.. i bet the site was getting hammer... needless to say - when the page did load, "sold out at this price" :(

24. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

Nice!

I STILL can't get through; I hit refresh at exactly 11am and now 9 minutes later it still hasn't loaded.

EDIT: Just got through: sold out :(