XBox 360 controller on a Mac?

Discussion in 'Games' started by OldSkoolNJ, Nov 5, 2006.

1. OldSkoolNJ macrumors 6502

Jul 10, 2006
    I know my answer is right in my house but I am having a lazy night. I just got my two footer iMac and have gotten some games for it. However I have never been a fan of using keyboard and mouse. Instead of going out and investing in a controller can I use my XBox 360 Controllers? I know they are designed to work as such for pc. I have just never heard of someone plugging it into a mac. I would much rather use one of my four controllers I already own and something I am familiar with and like using.

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

Jun 27, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    currently only the wired Xbox 360 controllers work with computers in general and they only work with windows. I've installed windows and used the Xbox 360 controller so I know that it works with my MacBook Pro under bootcamp.
  3. noelister macrumors 6502

Jan 15, 2005
    I have never tried to connect a wired to my Mac but I believe my buddy plays old NES and SNES roms on his macbook with his wired X360 controller.
  4. AppleinJapan macrumors regular

Apr 10, 2005
    I just bought an Xbox 360 controller so I can play Halo (mac version) and it works fine if you use the shareware installer otherwise you plug it in and it doesnt work...Previous threads on this issue have been misleading