xbox 360 controller...

Discussion in 'Games' started by the kid 05, Sep 2, 2006.

1. the kid 05 macrumors regular

St. Charles Illinois (subdiv of Chi-town)
    i downloaded the driver (for the mac) to let it be used during my games, but none of my games pick it up, would that be cuz i only have demos? i have the doom 3 and duke nukem 3-d, i realized that dn3d might not accept controllers

2. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

nor would doom 3, fps games are not designed to be played with a controller you get far more accuracy with a keyboard and mouse, don't get me wring i love playing halo on my xbox but on a pc/mac your just better off with a keyboard and mouse, to use the controller with games you have to find a game which specifically suports a pad and then you have to configure the pad with the game.

3. the kid 05 thread starter macrumors regular

St. Charles Illinois (subdiv of Chi-town)
    ugh, thanks guy, i hate the keyboard/mouse combo, i like it simplified into one. os well thanks again

4. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

just try playing for an hour or so with it an then you'll get it.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

The precision outweighs the complexity in my eyes. I'm at a stage on HL2 now that I would probably never need look at the keyboard, even for the strange, rare hand dashs across the keyboard.

6. madog macrumors 65816

madog

The drivers alone might not be enough for certain games. As I understand it, HUD support for OSX hasn't been the same since the days of OS 9.

Anyway, you should try a HUD utility like Gamepad Companion or USBOverdrive. One of these apps should be able to pick up the gamepad, which you can then use to map the buttons to keys on the board. I don't know how the analog sticks would work, and I suppose that's the whole point of playing with the controller :p. It's worth a shot though.

7. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

Sometimes you need to program each button in individually, you have to in Halo anyway.

now that i think about it, that doesn't help does it?