Xbox 360 crashing?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Josias, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

Well, sonce I got Gears of War for Christmas, it seems my Xbox started crashing. It's actually more freezing. It simply freezes at some random point, may it be a cutscene or in the middle of a game. It actually did it once in the menu. It also did this once in my littlebrothers Lego Star Wars II game, which he got for Christmas.

It never did it before and I played G.R.A.W., Halo 2, Halo and Call of Duty 2 on this. It did it 6 times in 5 days in GOW, a 1 time in 5 days in Lego Star Wars II.:confused:

The EB Games I bought it from don't answer the phone through the holidays, and it's really starting to annoy me. I was just about to kill the Berskerer in act 4 on insane, and then it crashed.:mad:

Anyone experience the same?

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

My 360 had a hard time with GOW. At every other point it would freeze a frame but it never completely stopped. Try putting a music CD in there and let it play and if the problem persist then call up EB/MS.

Bless

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Does GOW have any update ?

It doesnt do that in mine anyway, and neither does lego star wars 2.

It was updated a few times over last couple of weeks as far as I remember.

4. Josias thread starter macrumors 68000

Josias

Well the problem is, it doesn't react to anything. It's not only the game, the entire system freezes. Not even the Xbox guide button comes up. I need to turn off the console, and go back into the game, and restart the chapter.

I'll try with the CD, thanks.;)

5. thegreatunknown macrumors regular

This is also happening to me. I've had my system since just after launch (over a year) and have never had any problems. Over the last three weeks it has frozen in the exact manner as you are mentioning. I've changed two things in the last three weeks... I've hooked it up to xbox live and hooked it up to a HD tv. I have no idea if either of those things matter.

Mine has frozen in Table Tennis, Kameo, and the Lost Planet demo. I sent a notice to MS customer support last week but have yet to receive an email back. Given that its the holidays, if I don't hear from them next week I'm going to call.

6. shortyjj macrumors regular

I had a problem start last night whereby the darker areas in a game have some blue bleeding thru... was there in both games I tried. Would simply return the 360 as I've only had it for 2 weeks but already cut the UPC out of the box for the rebate...

/sigh

7. stagecustom macrumors regular

i had the same problem, its now with all my games and i can't play more then half an hour without it freezing on any game . I am getting it replaced from Microsoft.

8. thegreatunknown macrumors regular

how did you go about this? how long have you had it? Do you have to pay to have it fixed?

9. stagecustom macrumors regular

Call their support line tell them its screwed, ask for a new replacement and they get your info and send a box to you, you then put it in the box and they will send you another one in like 4-6 business days. Mine had like 10 days left of warranty and it was free.

good luck.

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Your sounds simply like a cable problem. Change cable and see if problem is solved.

Check your connection is configured for your TV and make sure if you have HDTV that the switch on the cable hasnt gone to SD.

I assume when you connected to live you got a load of updates.

It sounds to me like an update didnt go right. There is a way of deleting the update and re-installing it but I cant remember where on the xbox.com website it is.

I'd say it may be the dash update that's given you the trouble rather than the software though, mine did similar a while back (it froze if I pressed the dash button when a notification of a friend online appeared whilst playing a game), I simply turned notifications off and it was resolved when they released a new dashboard update. However I still leave notifications off.