Xbox 360 game?

Discussion in 'Games' started by giganten, Feb 13, 2007.

1. giganten macrumors 6502a

I am looking for a new game to play on my 360. I have GoW, Viva pinata and burnout now.

I was thinking about Fight Night 3 or NHL 2k7.

I had the demo of FN3, and damm it is good. But when you got good at the game, you could knock the computer down whit 3 hits and the game was over.
    Is it same whit the full game or is it harder?

I dont know much about NHL 2k7.. Is it hard and how long will the game last?

Or do you recommend some other game?
    And the last option is to save my money for mass effect, cant wait for this game..

2. me hate windows macrumors 6502

me hate windows

Do you have and Xbox Live account? Are you looking for something multiplayer oriented or single player? And what kinds of games are you into?

3. giganten thread starter macrumors 6502a

No i dont have the 360 connected to internet right now, will maybe buy live but not now.

I think i am looking for a good singel player game with co-op (split-screen) like GoW or a good sport game.
    Multiplayer is a plus to if i would decide to buy live, but most games have some kind of live support now.

I did find Perfect Dark and Kameo for 26$ each.
    I know they are from the release , but are they good, worth the money..?

4. pcypert macrumors 6502

I love Kameo. It's a great game...but I'm a rare whore :)

I'm getting quite a collection myself and have not found one I didn't like. I'm loving Crackdown now. Also got Gun for cheap...do have to say it's a pretty fun game if you're paying less than full price. It's short and there's no MP, but it's fun.

Love the hockey game (go Stars)...love Fifa over Winning 11 (flame on I actually own both)...Love GOW....love Vegas....love Kameo....love Viva Pinata...love Oblivion

Burnout and Carbon are alright...fun for when I'm not wanting to get too into things.

About to start Marvel Alliance on a friend's recommendation and Lego Star WarsII

Paul

5. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

Lego Star Wars II is a great game, fun to play with another person, but it is not live enabled.

Fight Night the game is much tougher than the demo, I did the same as you with the demo but in the real game I really get a challenge. The career in Fight Night is good, you have to train your boxer between matches.

Another good game to look at is Dead Rising. While it may seem repetitive at first, it is a very deep game. You can approach that game from many different ways. Sometimes it is just a lot of fun to go around and see what different ways you can come up with for killing zombies, and other times you want to progress in the story and unlock new things. The achievements are some of the best of any 360 game and really make you go out and do many things that you wouldn't normally have done, but things you enjoy doing. Unlike most games where just getting the achievement is the achievement, in dead rising, with some of them, you unlock items that really help you in the game. The Demo doesn't do that game justice as you can progress in the story.

If you like Gears, look at getting Lost Planet. It is also a third-person shooter, but more arcady. It also has a really good multiplayer online if you choose to get live. But it doesn't have any co-op, a real shame and to me co-op should be manditory in any shooter.

6. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Personally I'd go for CoD3 over Lost Planet. Lost Planet just, well, isnt that good. Viewing angles are weird and its hard to get used to.

CoD3 is first person, but it has to be the best game on the 360 IMHO.

7. MP4-22 macrumors member

8. giganten thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for all tips.

I am not sure what I should buy yet, maybe Perfect Dark Zero or Fight Night 3.

9. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

Nooooooooooooo!
    DONT DO IT! Perfect Dark Zero is the crappiest game in the whole world ever (period!.)

I swear that when I got that game its graphics were shoddy and the multiplayer bad and it just sucks. Please do me a favour and DONT BUY IT!

/Rant

10. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

Yeah, do not get Perfect Dark, it is not even worth $10. I loved the first, played it all the time with my friends on a N64, but this is just crap. It really should have just stayed on the Xbox, not gone to the 360, then it might have been an ok game. The controls are horrible, I can't shot anything accurately. I would go and get either kameo or Fight Night before I get that game. I also really like Need for Speed: Most Wanted, and it's very cheap now.

11. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

Id rather go outside and fight with sticks before thinking about getting it...wait, I already have it :p My parents are to blame, not me! ANy idea what the developers were doing instead of programming the game?

12. ericsthename macrumors regular

Since you asked about FN and NHL 2K7, I'll chime in my 2 cents about those games.

I played the demo of FN, and it was a fun demo. What really held me back from buying the game was that it seemed like you could do what was the most fun with the demo - play short matches against your friends. The problem with boxing as a videogame is that it is difficult to reproduce the little elements that make the sport intricate (wii boxing seems to take the concept in the right direction).

NHL 2K7 is a game that I have yet to play, but being a hockey playing Canadian, I've been into hockey games since the SNES. If you enjoy the game, they translate well enough into fun console games. I haven't yet had a chance to compare NHL 07 with 2K7, but I've heard good things about EA's control scheme in 07. A couple years ago however, 2K sports had the underdog advantage, and was being forced into pumping out higher quality titles than EA (which is a now well known criticism of EA across the board).

All in all, buy what appeals best to you, not what others recommend, however I hope that these bits bring something new to the equation...

13. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I enjoyed Perfect Dark Zero multiplayer. 32 player Infection mode is hilarious.

Single player is good in Co-op mode (but very average in Single player).

But overall I thought it was generally a good 7/10 game.

14. giganten thread starter macrumors 6502a

hehe.. this is not easy with so many game to choose from.

I have played perfeckt dark online when they did release the 360 (my friend have it), fun game but nothing more. It was not worth to pay full-price for.

Yeah same here..

Anyone who have played NHL 2k7?

The best thing will maybe be to save the money and wait for mass effect (crackdown could be fun too) and then some of the other games will be cheap..

15. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Lost Planet or COD3......tough one man....I would go for COD because its longer and when you do decide to get live...its wonderful online when you can connect. LP is great too but nothing beats COD3 online battles.

Bless

16. pcypert macrumors 6502

I have played 2k7 and the EA version...both are fun and have their own personality. I do like the new shooting system in the EA game, but 2k7 is probably the better game for most folks.

I'd give a good consideration to Crackdown. You don't have any "sandbox" type games for your system. You have crazy game (VP), shooter (GOW), and racing (burnout)...to round things out I'd be looking at sandbox (crackdown/dead rising...with a slight nudge to crackdown for the co-op and ability to jump into play with things to do easier), platformer(i'd almost call Kameo one and Banjo K is coming out), rpg (oblivion!), sports (whatever you prefer).

Paul