Xbox 360 games.

Discussion in 'Games' started by z00y0rk, Dec 26, 2006.

1. z00y0rk macrumors member

Jul 20, 2006
    Long Island , New York. USA
    Yesterday for Christmas I received an Xbox360 with Ghost Recon. I personally like the game a lot and love first person shooting games. In my family we do secret Santa and I also received a 50$ American Express gift card. I know that I would like to buy a game with the money but I wanted to know which games people liked the best. Post what you guys like the most!
  2. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Aug 5, 2005
    I don't know what GRAW's like, but you'll probably like Rainbow Six: Vegas. Gears Of War is also worth trying, although I ended up buying RB6V
  3. happy.buddha macrumors member

Jul 18, 2005
    New Hampshire
    If you like GR:AW and would like another game similar to that I'd recommend Rainbow Six: Vegas, similar game play but just different enough too.

If you like big open "sand box" I'd suggest Saints Row very big open ended game play, very similar to the Vice City and Mercenaries games.

Lego Star Wars is also a pretty fun game.

I've played and would recommend:
    COD2 & 3
    Lego Star Wars
    Saints Row
    Tomb Raider
    Tiger Woods 07
    Need for Speed: Carbon

I've played and wouldn't recommend:
    Blazing Angels
    Perfect Dark Zero
    Over G Fighters
    Far Cry

I've also played the following and while they are good games just didn't "do it" for me but would suggest you check them out if you like the type of game play:
    Gears of War (incredible graphics, I'm possibly the only guy in the world that didn't care for this game)
    Splinter Cell: Double Agent

I'd also suggest a Netflix account (or similar rental service) most of the games that I played and didn't really care for were only in the house for 3 days tops.
  4. shortyjj macrumors regular

Apr 21, 2004
    While nearly every critic has called Gears of War the "must-have 360 title," it seems to have gotten a luke-warm reception here. I just got GR:AW (pretty awesome) and was gonna work thru it for a while until GoW became more widely available used, but now it's at Target for $40...

Must-have or no?
  5. Kevin83165 macrumors regular

Oct 28, 2006
    Another one here that didn't think Gears was anything to write home about. Rest of my family loved it and all had it beat in a few days. It was ok enough I guess, but I just finished Resident Evil 4 on the Cube and it's hard to find anything that can hold up in it's wake now.

Of all my favorite 360 games, believe it or not Condemned Criminal Origins I thought rocked. Except for the sometimes lame forensic tool, the rest of that game was great if you are looking for something different. Beating the tar out of them dudes with whatever you could get your hands on was awesome imho.
  6. theman5725 macrumors 6502

Aug 2, 2006
    Gears of War is the best 360 game available, IMO.
  7. michaelsaxon macrumors 6502

Nov 15, 2006
  8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

Feb 19, 2005
    A new 360 is also in my house and gears of war is by far one of the better shooter games i have played. I think I may like it better than halo. I also believe that rainbow six las vegas, need for speed carbon and saints row are great titles.
  9. zap2 macrumors 604

Mar 8, 2005
    Washington D.C
  10. Chone macrumors 65816

Aug 11, 2006
    I think you should look at Gears of War and Rainbow Six Vegas particularly.
  11. p0intblank macrumors 68030

Sep 20, 2005
    New Jersey
    I also got an Xbox 360 yesterday and I love it! :D Games look amazing in high definition. Anyway, may I recommend checking out the Xbox Live Marketplace? They have a ton of game demos available for download. I must've already played ten of them... and I've seen some good stuff.

I did get Just Cause with my 360 and I'm enjoying it so far. If you're into the GTA-like games, then I think you would like this. Its beautiful graphics make GTA look like a toy. No joke. I'm downloading the Dead Rising demo right now (over 1 GB!!! :eek:) so I'm hoping I like that. Then I'll try out Condemned.

I just want to take a minute and say that Microsoft has truely done an amazing job with the Xbox 360. Everything just feels so right. Downloadable demos, streaming media, Xbox Live, the Dashboard, excellent game choice... life is good. :)

I went too in-depth with my post... sorry. :p Anyway good luck finding a title and Merry Christmas!
  12. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

Aug 4, 2005
    Hands down, Gears of War. I wasnt a believer at first, heck I hadnt even heard of it. But WOW what an amazing game. It truly shows the 360's power.
  13. NeoMac macrumors regular

Feb 10, 2006
    Gears of War is on sale at Target this week for $39.

I think it the best of whats available right now. - There are a few other titles on sale at that price also.
  14. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    I don't know how it fares on the Xbox, but Oblivion PC is very good, lacking the Japanese finesse I was expecting (I always thought it was developed by a Japan studio :confused: ) but it's a very huge game.

I'm finding it very hard to look past the "pub graphics" of most Xbox Live Arcade games. It's only a little niggle though but they remind me of work which is more than enough to put me in a "give me the bigger game" mood.

RS: Vegas is incredible.
  15. StokeLee macrumors 6502

May 30, 2005
    Stoke-on-Trent. Midlands, UK
    Theres only two must play games on the 360.. Gears of war, and PGR 3. BUTI must say GOW is pretty short on e campaign, its a mulitplayer game where you can have loads of fun with your friends. Same for PGR 3, but the one player is much more involved.
  16. freestyleguy128 macrumors regular

Jun 29, 2006
    Gears of War is fantastic with high speed gameplay and drop dead gorgeous graphics (coming from someone with a standard television set). I played RB6Vegas and found it to be...the same as any other shooter on the market minus the fantastic cover system, but thats about it. Pick up GOW if you want a game that is fantastic in all aspects. Multiplayer is intense and the graphics stay the same level unlike the severe reduction as in RB6Vegas. Plus, its only 40 bucks at Target right now so I'd suggest it. And don't waste your money on an HD set. Gameplay doesn't change and the graphical improvements are good, but don't justify a whole new set.
  17. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

Jun 29, 2004
    it's funny, I feel exactly the opposite. (Aside from the annoying tendency for Tom Clancy games to be slimmed down for multiplayer). I think Vegas is great, and GoW is just meh. And I think the graphics are mediocre... it's just a buttload of grays. Visually not very pleasing for me. Vegas on the other hand has much more visually pleasing environments. I also hate the build of the characters in GoW... Very toyish and childish to me. Maybe I'm just more of a realism guy.
  18. MBHockey macrumors 68040

Oct 4, 2003
    New York
    I like Gears of War but it's a little too unrealistic at times. Maybe I'd enjoy something like rainbow six a bit more...but my gripes with GoW are very minor. Overall, i really enjoy the game, and would recommend it to someone else without hesitating.
  19. cyberddot macrumors 6502

Jul 4, 2003
    in a forest
    Loved PGR3, Oblivion and GoW. Three very different games, but I've really enjoyed them all on the 360. RB6Vegas is next.
  20. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Jul 12, 2004
    Well I'm tempted to refrain from posting in this thread before I play Oblivion, but hey what the hell? I've only played Call of Duty 3, and I've had fun so far, very intense. I'm going to pop in Oblivion later tonight or tomorrow, so I'll be back :eek:
  21. MRU macrumors demi-god

Aug 23, 2005
    Go go viva pinata :)

R6: Vegas is very similar to GRAW and if you like GRAW, you should be safe with R6:V
  22. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

Jul 6, 2006
    Fenton, MO
    He said what I was going to say. ;)
    I'd recommend Gears myself. I will eventually get GRAW and R6V, but I think Gears is better than both of them, personally.

Go download some demos and try stuff's free; can't beat free. :)
  23. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

Dec 29, 2004
    The Wood of Spots, NJ
    I don't really care at all for fps games these days, but I really enjoyed Gears of War. Multiplayer is great and online co-op is fantastic- my brother and I played through the game online. Good times.
  24. shortyjj macrumors regular

Apr 21, 2004
    My favorite demo so far has been Burnout - a game I wouldn't ever try out otherwise, but man is it a rush!