[XBOX 360] GRAW / 360 Lock-Up (Freezing)

Discussion in 'Games' started by crachoar, Apr 1, 2006.

1. crachoar macrumors 6502a

Has anybody else had 'GRAW' lock up on them to the point where they need to hard reboot their 360?

I've had it lock up 11 times since Wednesday night - single player campaign and multiplayer.

Everyone I've talked to on Live seems to have had it lock up at least eight times or so. I'm wondering if I should call Microsoft to exchange my 360, or if it's a software issue that causes this?

I should mention that 'Fight Night' hasn't locked up at all. I should also mention that this has happened within the first ten minutes of starting up the 360 - so it's not a heating issue.

The system is horizontal, and the power supply is on a hard wood table.

It sounds like a fairly common problem - and yet - I can't seem to find much information about it online.

Most disturbingly, I read somewhere that the 360 'GRAW' team stated that there would not be any patches or fixes for the console game.

2. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Well, I had the chance to play some GRAW against a few of the Ubisoft developers last night, and I gave 'em a couple of feature requests, which they said they'd consider. (No promises, obviously.) So I wouldn't believe anyone who says there will NOT be any patches for GRAW.

As to the locking up problem... I don't know. GRAW has worked perfectly for me.

3. crachoar thread starter macrumors 6502a

Why request features when there are bugs still?

So you're telling me GRAW has never locked up for you? Ever?

How long have you played it?

4. gco212 macrumors 6502

It hasn't locked up for me either. I haven't played it that much, but I have played around 6 hours or so.

5. mkubal macrumors 6502a

Mine started freezing constantly after getting GRAW to the point where it didn't even get past the startup screen. I sent it back to MS, it took about a week and now I've got a "new" machine. By "new" I mean refurb. I can't complain though because it works and it seems a bit quieter than the first system I had.

I'm playing it like crazy this weekend to see if it will start freezing again. If so, it's headed back to Target and I'll wait on the PS3.

There was a huge thread on xbox.com about this issue. People weren't sure if it was related to GRAW or the March update. Sorry I don't have a link to the thread.

I'd suggest you send yours back. It's not fun playing a game if you always have to worry about it freezing.

6. crachoar thread starter macrumors 6502a

And so it begins...

Nineteen PSPs because of manufacturing flaws. I wonder how many 360's I'll have to go through?

Thanks for the info. I found a few forums using google. Nobody seems to know what's causing it.

There's just something 'gay' about buying a $420 console and having it be defective (apparently).

Waiting 10 days (which I'm told is the usual wait period) is lame...

Almost forgot. When you sent it back - did they send you a new XBOX first and then have you mail yours? Or did they send you a box to mail yours, and make you wait a week or two?

7. mkubal macrumors 6502a

I had to send it in and then wait for replacement. I wasn't itching to play it so it wasn't a big deal for me. But if there's something you're really wanting to play, like Oblivion, it could be frustrating. Oh well.