XBox 360... HAS PROBLEMS! LMAO!

Discussion in 'Games' started by AtHomeBoy_2000, Nov 24, 2005.

1. AtHomeBoy_2000 macrumors 6502a

AtHomeBoy_2000

Leave it up to Microsoft it release a product early, even if it has flaws!

http://news.com.com/2061-11199_3-5969879.html?part=rss&tag=5969879&subj=news

2. CalGrunt macrumors regular

Hmmmmmmm.............I seem to remember that Sony also had major flaws when they released their PS, no?

To imply that it's just Microsoft is just silly. Anytime ANYONE releases a brand new product, weather it's a gaming console, a car, or a computer or whatever, you will see bugs that need to be addressed as they crop up. It's just the way things are, and Microsoft is no better or no worse in this regard.

The issue is how will they handle their customers who have these problems.

3. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

Yes sir. I'm just waiting to see how Microsoft responds to this.

4. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

MS will probably blame IBM for the hot running PPC's chips and call it normal. :rolleyes:

5. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

I hope they do something about it! I was going to get one, but after all these reports, I think i'm going to hold off!

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

And Apple are immune? Look at the Cube. Look at the some posts over the new dual core macs. Look at horizontal line issue on new PB's.

Look at the Playstation 2 with its dodgy laser issues, Look at the PSP with its poor refresh and faulty X button on the initial release.

All hardware is subject to faults regardless of manufactuer. Get over it.
    :rolleyes:

7. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

Like MacRumorUser says! Do we expect the Intel Macs to be trouble free? No.
    It how the initial problems are dealt with matters - and the ratio of "faulty" 360's to those perceived to be fine.

8. doucy2 macrumors 65816

doucy2

this is why you should never buy a rev A of anything
    wait untill the rev B (unless you cant live w/o it) then be prepared to live with its problems

9. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Tabloid Journalism 101.

Big product being released from a tall-poppy behemoth company. Lots of hype and public interest. Write a scandalous story about infrequent teething problems. Include disillusioned quotes from message boards. Lots of page views = lots of advertising revenue.

As much as I'd love to see it fail and Nintendo to rise up to world domination again I'll file this stuff in the basket with the OMG iPod battery media reports.

10. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

Well overheating so much as to cause a hardware failure is not the same as bugs, crashes or a faulty display. It is a MAJOR design fault. It seems that anyone who is playing continuously for a long time and is not having the best ventilation possible (like keeping the xbox inside the home entertainment cabinet) is having problems.

11. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

What makes me LMAO is posts like this... glad to see you're so excited about other people having problems with their 360s. You're one of those compulsive Microsoft haters, aren't you, AtHomeBoy?

Welcome to my Ignore list, Herr Schadenfreude.

12. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

Oh, what a bunch of baloney. There's no reason why a new product shouldn't work fine, unless it has poor engineering, or maybe was rushed to market with insufficient testing. Of course you can find ways of improving it later, but people have a right to expect that a product (whether rev. A or rev. Z) will work. Certainly my rev. A dual 2.5 G5 (there never was a rev. B as far as I know) works well.

A few defective units is something else entirely though. It's really hard to make anything so complex without occasional defects. So, the question is: just a few defective units, or a widespread issue? (If it's the latter, then "hey, it's new" is NOT an excuse! Don't be an apologist.)

--Eric

13. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

seconded. added him to my own in fact. tired of hearing ******** crap like this on here. microsoft haters or not.. i'm anti-microsoft in every way but this is par for the course in a new console release. it seems only a few people have issues anyway, and it might be the power supply not the console itself, i just read a story or two about how doing certain things with the power supply relieves the problems.

14. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

To re-post what I said in the other thread:

Nimbus, most people know I'm not a great fan of the XBox 360. The types of games the XBox has don't appeal to me, I hate subscription services, require WiFi (which costs a fortune on the 360), and would like something new with a new generation, so I don't plan to buy one. And yes, people get annoyed when I state my opinion too much.

But I don't run around shoving it in everyone's face, DELIBERATELY trying to get them mad.

Seriously, you're making those of us that aren't 360 fans look bad. Quit acting like that. Please.

15. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

see my previous reply. it appears it may be the power supply, likely something microsoft themselves do not make. and no matter how "widespread" people are making it out to be, only those having problems will speak out, those with no problems will tend to say nothing. so it'll obviously seem like lots but it's not. then factor in those users like the Parent Poster who is a doorknob and just likes to be a microsoft-hater or whatever the kiddies are calling it these days.

i've said it once, i'll say it again. the xbox 360 is a pretty appealing system to me. particularly the xbox live portion of it. i feel like they've focused pretty good on that and it'll add a lot of good replayability to the system, something that i felt has plagued a lot of past games. nintendo will probably have online play but i'm doubting it'll be as integrated as it is on the xbox. i plan to get a revolution but the xbox 360 is out now and it has a few games i'm already interested in. if i ever come up with the money, i'll probably buy one in addition to my revolution. sorry sony, but the sky high pricing is making me back out on this round, and your root kit issue has turned me off entirely to your music cd's.

16. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Not to mention, he keeps posting the same stuff over and over and OVER again.

17. CalGrunt macrumors regular

Because he's just a little attention-craving brat that needs to be put over his mothers knee and spanked.

He comes from troll-land. He needs to say this stuff over and over again so that he can get attention...........Basically, just a really insecure kid who would rather get negative attention than no attention at all.

And if he's like other trolls that I have come across in the past, he will now fire back with everything he's got because he's just been busted.......

I know that I shouldn't be posting this stuff, but troll-baiting is sometimes just too hard to pass up, for it can get pretty amusing at times, no?

18. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Your response to someone stating you repeat things too much is to post an eye-rolling smiley...over and over and over again?
    EDIT: Looks like his post got deleted.

19. rtdgoldfish macrumors 6502a

rtdgoldfish

In response to the X-Box 360 overheating...My friend and I played Perfect Dark Zero on X-Box Live for over 6 hours last night. When we finally turned off the system, I unplugged my iPod from it and was shocked at how cool the system was. The only thing that was slightly warm was the back near where the power cord plugs in to the unit.

In response to the machine crashing...My 360 has crashed once and it was while connecting to EA's server to play Need for Speed online. The video locked up but all I had to do was eject the disk and the console went back to the dashboard without having to restart at all.

All these reports are normal with any new launch; console, computer, portable electronics, whatever. One person has the problem and it gets blown way out of proportion and everyone thinks that EVERY system will have these problems. Odds are its a manufacturing defect which is totally understandable. Doesn't matter who it is, Microsoft, Apple, Sony, Nintendo, there WILL be some sort of defect.

Eh, just my two cents having actually played the system for several days now. Feel free to ignore me, flame me, whatever, hehe.

20. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

I don't like Microsoft as much as the next person. But i think this is being blown out of proportion. The real reason to not get a 360 is because no good games in my opinion.

But other people may love the games, Defects happen to some systems. However i have never had a defect with a game system (only have bought nintendo systems however)

Things happen, oh well just go get a new one from the store you bought it in, if they say hey have none, then you best get compensation for it.

21. hob macrumors 68020

hob

The BBC is reporting it (here), and they don't get any revenue.... So it would seem to be a big story, no?

22. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Agreed to some extent. A couple of tripple A titles I was looking forward to Gears of War, Oblivion and Ghost Recon and Dead or Alive have all slipped to the new year.

I guess its horses for courses. What one person thinks is a must have title, leaves another cold. :)

23. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

360 is the number of degrees coming from those fast G5s.

24. takao macrumors 68040

takao

25. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

What G5's?