Xbox 360 Holiday Games

Discussion in 'Games' started by MRU, Sep 24, 2006.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

So heres a thread to discuss the forthcoming holiday titles for the Xbox 360. What your considering, what you've changed your mind on. What videos you have seen that have blown you away or left you inconsolable etc.

It will save having to start a new thread everytime a game is mentioned.

and please 1 rule. NO PS3 or Wii is better nonsense. Lets keep these new threads strictly for their repspective console. HiJacking these threads will lead to complaints being filed and your posts erased.

2. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Viva Pinata, Gears of War & Rainbow Six Vegas

If I was to choose only a handful of games, these three really stand out to me. Viva Pinata reminds me so much of the Sims's meet Animal Crossing, which can only be a good thing, added to its quirky beatuiful presentation it's a total depature from all the other gritty urban shoot em ups.

Not sure if the TV series will be a success, but hey if Sonic the TV Cartoon still gets played (and its dire) there may be a chance that it too could be fun.

It would be nice to see if downloadable episodes of the TV series make their way onto Live.

3. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    The only games that really interest me are DOAXVB2, Lost Planet, and Gears of War. I feel that Lost Planet isn't getting the hype it should, but the demo that was released on XBLMP was really awesome. It shows that Capcom is getting away from its worst franchise as far as game play (Resident Evil) and moving toward something with more control. I believe the same team that brought us Dead Rising are bringing us Lost Planet as well.

4. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah i thought the Lost Planet demo was awesome too, but since it's not due out till early next year I had to exclude it from my Holiday list.

5. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

oh snap, MRU puttin on the daddy pants :D

I wanted GoW but budget alterations have made it so I will have to wait until 2007 to get it (or at the very earilest, after Xmas)

I know this isn't coming out this year, but BioShock blew me away. The 15 minute developer video was cool as hell, the water effects look stunning and the art design is creepy (although very Fallout-esc) and the AI looks interesting. I have't been overly impressed with the 360 lately, all the Japanese RPG's are cool and all but meh I dunno. BioShock and GoW will keep my 360 dust free :D

I liked the Lost Planet demo, although the fact that you have to collect the stuff to stay warm pushes me away from the game. I don't like having a counter over my head, forcing me to play as fast as I can :(

6. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Hmm. Not quite 'holiday,' but I'm looking forward to Splinter Cell Double Agent and Rainbow Six Vegas.

Is Mass Effect coming out this year? 'Cuz that looks really cool too.

7. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Mass Effect is 07 i'm afraid.

oo. What Happened to Alan Wake ? It's seems to have dissapered completely...