Xbox 360 in Black

Discussion in 'Games' started by Phat_Pat, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

I just ran accross this picture

[​IMG]

What do you guys think about it?

I'm not sure weather or not this is real but it is nice looking....

2. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

I like it!

Can not wait for the Xbox 360 (black or otherwise) to go on sale (~39 days!!!).

Attached Files:

3. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

I think it looks a lot better than the silver version, but this won't sway my decision not to buy one (for obvious reasons). My xbox will be my last gaming console for quite some time.

4. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

39 days, is that for preorders cause I read it doesn't come out till November.

jon

5. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Not 100% sure iJohn. That is just what my "Xbox 360 countdown to release widget" is telling me.

6. Jedi128 macrumors 6502

Umm, ya. Why would I be excited for/much less care at all about a Microsoft product? There's no way I will buy one. I have a PS2 now, and will probably buy a PS3 when it comes out. Although I have always been a Sega fan and still have my Dreamcast I don't think Sega is going to make a console now. If they do, I'll be first in line. Anyway, the point is Xbox sucks, and I cait wait for 360 sales to go in the toilet. People will wait for the more powerful PS3, Microsoft will lose once again.

7. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Typical fanboy...

I'll let it play out before I start making rash predictions like that!

8. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I wish I could word this properly, but I can't :(
    so here's some info:
    NES: ? if I was even alive (which I doubt), I can't remember when we bought it.
    SNES: bought within very early in product life
    N64: reserved, and picked up first day
    Gamecube: bought within first 3 months
    (XBox came two years later :p)
    Revolution/X360/PS3: I think I'll wait and see. I don't watch the console market as much as I used to...

9. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

While I'm not an XBox 360 fan, that's because of what I've seen of it.

Dismissing an entire product line because you don't like Microsoft (a sentiment I fully agree with, as do most members of this site) is just a sign of bias and lack of reasoning skills.

Now, I dislike the XBox 360 personally simply because;
    1) I refuse to pay subscriptions to play online. Say what you will above XBox Live, but I still will not pay for it. That's why I don't play most popular MMO's as well.
    2) I dislike the games lineup. Sorry guys. I can't stand dual joystick shooter setups (it doesn't compare to a mouse). Racing and sports games bore me. I just summed up the entire XBox 360 games lineup there.
    3) Rushed early launch date, using standard DVD disks that will NOT have enough room for expansive next gen games.
    4) Lack of many of the features of the PS3, including the built in WiFi, the ability to boot Linux, Bluetooth peripherals (wireless headsets and cameras, for example, the X360 is incapable of using wireless peripherals outside of controllers), the ability to rip DVD's, eight players, and dual screens.

5) Frankly...nothing new. It's an XBox with better graphics.

The XBox 360 doesn't suck outright, but...it's not for me. Nothing in it appeals to me at all, and it is inferior to the PS3 in every way except the parts that haven't been revealed (for example, the exact RSX specifications).

This is all my opinion and based on my personal preferences, of course. Hating it just because it's a Microsoft product is silly; for example, I love PocketPC's. They rock.

Windows IMHO absolutely sucks from experience and most of Microsoft's software is ripped off from others. I'm not defending them. They're a monopoly. But don't blind yourself.

10. shyataroo macrumors regular

My Changes/ Comments are in bold.

11. crachoar macrumors 6502a

Let me know if a mod deletes your post and waves a ban in your face for that comment.

On topic: That black Xbox 2 looks a lot better.

12. After G macrumors 68000

After G

I will not buy an Xbox 360 for three reasons:

1) My roommate is getting one, getting another would be redundant.
    2) I am supporting the competition so Microsoft has a reason to innovate. If they ever get a high marketshare like they have on PCs I don't want to see what happens to the gaming industry.
    3) My last console experience: Got a PS2, I found some of the more strange games fun (like Katamari Damacy) but wasn't that great. I thought I should buy a console for fun so I might go with a Revolution this time. I loved those old Nintendo games. That's what I wanted to play when I was younger.

13. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

M$ will make us install windows on our game consoles so that they can be infected with spyware, viruses, adware, etc..., and constantly crash. Can hardly wait :rolleyes: Maybe I'll just have to buy all three new game consoles so that I am not just supporting M$.

14. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

You might not want to be so bold. Sony has had to cut many features from the PS3 because it would costs consumers way too much. They also had to reduce the speed of the cell processor from 3.2 down to 2.3. Microsfot has come through on basically every level/feature they said would be included.

15. saunders45 macrumors 6502a

saunders45

Hmmm, I knew they were dropping other features, but when did they say they were using a slower processor?

16. jdechko macrumors 68040

I think that the black looks nicer than the silver, but still the black is too much like the current XBox as far as looks are concerned (Yes, I know they're different, but I still think they look alike). Having contributed to the original topic, I will also say that I will buy neither a XB360 or PS3... I am a Nintendo fanboy. I grew up with a NES, so I willl not buy anything other than a Revolution.

17. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

OK I will.

And did you even read his comment?
    If I was wrong in saying this is typical fanboy material, please correct me.

18. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Well to be honest I haven't been following the XBox 360 too much, all I know is that I will most likely buy one the day it comes out. But every web site and magizine I've read specifically says November release, which makes complete sense, right in time for Christmas.

jon

19. wide macrumors 6502a

no one asked you why you would be excited or what you would care about the xbox 360. you were asked what you thought about it.

and if you can't wait for xbox 360 sales go down the toilet, that's too bad...you're going to be waiting for a long time.

20. CHROMEDOME macrumors regular

On the xbox360 xbox live will be free so you can play online for free.

You can connect your digital camera, iPod, and psp into the 360 and stream music and save music and pictures to the hard drive.

PS3 won't come with a hard drive. They are drop more features soon as well. Sony is all hype, the cell processor isn't groundbreaking its just a cool code name for something that sony claims can pilot the PS3 to mars. Both systems are pretty much the same power and graphics wise, but I play xbox online more than offline and sony will never have anything that can match xbox live.

21. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

This just in!

Micro$oft is EEEEEVILLLL!
    X-Box suxxxxors!!!
    PS3 is DA BOMB!!!!
    REVOLUTION fanbois UNITE!!! SNES forever!

…and water is WET!

In all seriousness: show an open mind. Wait until the consoles are released. Buy what suits your needs. Stop threadcrapping on a particular console. You don't like the <console>? Then let those who do discuss in peace.

22. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

23. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Damn, that black casing is sexy. I would rather get that one than the silver one, without a doubt...

24. JD92 macrumors 6502a

JD92

I'm still going for the Revoloution, it's like 4 consoles in one! which is cool cos i missed the NES and a lot of the SNES days, so i can catch up

25. MacNoobie macrumors 6502a

MacNoobie

1. Considering most things in life are now pay to play I don’t see this as a valid point, maybe if you're broke or poor or a college student possibly but I think $49.99 a year ~$4.16 a month (or $5.99 if you go the per month route) or ~$.0135 a day is quite inexpensive considering all you're getting with XBL granted I wouldn’t even pay 5 bucks a month for MMO since I'm not into those types of games but if you own an Xbox then XBL is actually worth the money if you have a good high speed connection. Then again by your logic why should we pay for high speed Internet (a monthly "subscription") it isn’t exactly a necessity so why?

2. You're either a hardcore gamer or a casual gaming dork that refuses to pickup anything other then a mouse and keyboard to play FPS (my money is on hard core gamer). Heck I have a friend that does nothing besides play pc games with a mouse and keyboard, has the latest and greatest AMD 64 cpu and SLI video cards and all that but still plays halo 2 on Xbox live.

3. Finally you've hit the nail on the head, the previous 2 weren’t valid points from you but this one I can agree with, its suppose to be NEXT GENERATION consoles and MS is sticking measly 8.5GB DVD9's in the 360's to shave what 4-6 months off what the PS3 is packing. I'll end up getting the 360 for live since Sony doesn’t have online for crap and the PS3 since I missed the PS2 action.

4. Seeing as how WiFi and Bluetooth don’t come standard I can see that as being a slightly valid argument though the 360 will have USB ports to plug all that into it. Linux is more of a hobby OS on a console I cant imagine other then messing around with it any really valid use out of it on the ps3, sure you can look like an uber geek to all your friends by saying I put Linux on my ps3 but realistically what’s the point of putting Linux on an Xbox or ps3. I'm sure people will argue that its a low cost pc and you can surf the web or fold but what ever. Also Linux is really more for server use then desktops/consoles anyways.

5. Probably..