Xbox 360 is the best and PS3 better than the best

Discussion in 'Games' started by Amjad, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Amjad macrumors newbie

I had posted yesterday and I got awesome reply and little debate as well. PS3 is great for many reasons. I don't like microsoft product that much. I bought Xbox while back in past. I had PS also. There were very few games that I liked , such as Ninja Gaiden, Halo few more titles. Some like halo 1 , doom 3 and Half life 2 are available on PC. You can play on them and much better than XBOX....
    There are loads of games which I haven't play on any of consoles. I'm not buying xbox360 and it not as powerful as PS3. Ps3 up coming games are awsome such as the great METAL GEAR SOLID and DEVIL MAY CRY... Talking about PS3 price. Hmmmm !!! I think blu-ray player costs more than PS3. Xbox 360 does not has HD DVD or blu ray... I'm from Pakistan where PS3 will be around 900$, You guys might not believe it but its true. If I considered that price ps3 looks ceap. Xbox 360 here 600$ +...
    I'd love to buy Wii but I'm not sure is there any future if Wii in pakistan. I never saw GAMECUBE here. I heard linux is pre-installed in PS3. I prefer PS3 what ever anyone says. I like Wii bcoz I think its very creative... I think I'll order PS3 from US first than think to buy Wii if games are available in pakistan....
    I'll end here...
    PS3---- Powerful and Best
    Xbox 360 ---- does not matter how good it is , have the alternate thats PC
    Wii ---- Creative and worth buying..

2. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make with this thread...

I'd be careful though as you'll end up starting a '360 vs PS3' fanboy flame war and those are never pretty....

3. Revlimit Punk macrumors regular

Revlimit Punk

Welcome to the official Sony Playstation 3 Propaganda Thread ™ :D

Jokes apart, we'll see which one is best when all of them are available in the stores :)

4. crap freakboy macrumors 6502a

crap freakboy

I do wish the PSP/Ds, PS3/Xbox360/Wii threads would disappear.
    Mac gaming only would be nice.

5. AlmightyG5 macrumors 6502

It is very hard to say which is better right now because we don't have a PS3 in our hands to compare. Wii aside, I think the PS3 will be the better machine in the long haul. You can't compare a Wii to the 360 or PS3 because Nintendo is taking a different route than Microsoft and Sony. However, the PS3 and 360 can be compared for a winner because they are similar machines with company's that have similar expectations for their machines. We can't, however, truly declare the winner by comparing paper specs. We have to wait until the PS3 Launch to truly find the winner of PS3 VS. Xbox 360. But the machine I'm going with is the PS3 and I stongly feel that the PS3 will win over the Xbox 360.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Wow, a newbie posting a thread like this. excellent! It's like my birthday came again.

Well using Sony Fanboys current mantra "Sony is the best because they have most games" then wouldn't that make the 360 the "best"? But we're hearing everywhere that the PS3 and 360 are identically matched in pretty much every aspect, making the PS3 a HD-DVD enabled 360, with an extra price hike.

nah not worth it IMO. I've been stung by Sony before (PSP was not the be all-end all handheld, PS2 wasn't an emotionally filling nuke guider, PS1 was top though) and have yet to find a decent game on the system. Hell MGS died after 1, 2 made me cry... could be the emotion engine in full swing, but not in the right way. and um.. well thats pretty much it for me. No other series did it.

But NO! Everyone claims the PS3 is so good yet look at that controller. It's what Nintendo realised was holding us back from a more natural way of playing, and it's what Microsoft realised is major to a consoles greatness. The 360 having a beautiful controller, so comfortable, so vibrate-y, so excellent. What are Sony doing? PS2 controller without rumble (it interferes with the gryos :rolleyes: ). No. I've had enough of the Sony controller frankly. the way they give the dPad the main control method, the lack of analogue triggers and lack of vibration will hit hard. no thanks!

7. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

It also looks like a breadbin. And it's not upgradable (unlike the 360) and it's rediculously expensive....

8. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Since there are more then enough threads on this topic where you can read up on the discussion I'll keep this pretty short.

First, PS3 being the most "powerful" at this point is pure speculation. It has it's strengths and it's weaknesses. But at this point even theoretical performance being greater then the 360 is entirely debateable. Raw numbers on paper do little to tell how things will look in actual game performance.

So that point is speculation and poor speculation at that.

Every system has it's exclusive software, PC isn't any more an alternative to 360 as it is to PS3, which also will receive it's share of PC ports if it is powerful enough (UT2007 anyone?)

If you'd like to get your facts straight and actually see what was discussed previously I'm sure a search for "PS3" in this forum will turn up plenty to keep you busy.

9. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

You know, this is amusing. When it was PS2/Xbox/Gamecube, the PlayStation fanboys insisted that gameplay was more important than graphics. Now that the PS3 is on the horizon, they're insisting graphics are the most important. What happened, boys?

At this point (and mostly likely at any point) there will never be a consensus on which console is 'better' –*it will be entirely up to personal opinion. Each console will have games that people enjoy, and will buy –*so we'll see what happens. I, for one, don't think Sony will be shipping 100 million PS3s this generation.

10. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

That's very true, and it would be true even if one WAS clearly the best. I've known plenty of people that have been fanatics of games that, imo, were just plain bad games. Sometimes people seem to love something just because it's the best they have, *shrugs*

It won't end, you are completely correct. As long as games are visually good and play passably (seen Untold Legends for PS3?) then fan arguments will always rage all over the world... heh.

11. rosalindavenue macrumors 6502a

rosalindavenue

I think it is cool to have a poster from Pakistan. Welcome Amjad; let us know how the new console wars shake out there.

12. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

Well, things would get really quiet around here if we did that!

:p :D

13. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

:eek: i didn't know that macs are popular in Pakistan too...

why did sony keep the damn controller? seriously, it's no where near comfortable...:rolleyes:

14. Revlimit Punk macrumors regular

Revlimit Punk

I might be part of a minority, but i think that the current and future design of the sony playstation controller is functional and it works well with almost any kind of game (except of course first person shooters).

They also added real triggers this time: the L2 and R2 buttons of the current dual shock controller will feel and function like triggers (with 1024 levels of pressure) on the new ps3 controller.

I am really bothered by the absence of the vibration/rumble feature, though. Such kind of feedback is really important in today's driving games and it adds depth to the gameplay in others (Metal Gear Solid anyone?).
    I don't feel like trading the rumble for the new accelerometers system.
    That is the only thing that bothers me about the PS3 at this point, along with the high price of the non crippled ("premium", bah) version of the console.

15. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

PS3 is more upgradeable than the 360 from what I've seen. And it uses standard parts, unlike the overpriced 360 parts. Think about it.

A 64 MB XBox 360 memory card costs $40. The PS3 takes CF/SD cards. If you bought the cheaper PS3 without the slots it will take standard USB CF/SD card readers.

A 20 GB XBox 360 hard drive costs $99. The PS3 will use ANY 2.5" SATA hard drive you buy anywhere.

I never thought I'd say this about a Sony product, but outside of Blu-ray, the PS3 has a LOT less proprietary technology and uses a lot of open standards.

PS3 is also quiet and region free.

http://gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=6614

16. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

This thread in general.... hmmmmmmmm

Do you know what, I cant be bothered :rolleyes:

How many of these threads do we need, same argument, same defense, same fanboy answers, same bruised egos....

Besides, PS3 & Sony suck like moldy brown hippo ass.. :D (resistance is futile)

17. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Hate the Dual Shock. Logitech's Wireless PS2 controller is the most comfortable pad for the system.

18. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Have to agree. It's a great pad. The version for the xbox is amazing too.
    Great batterylife as well as rumble too.

19. Kalns macrumors regular

Kalns

20. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Should I get in this...:rolleyes: ....I'll pass on this one...The Phantom Rocks!

Bless

21. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Agreed. I'll put the suggestion in.

22. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ LOL! I know thats how I felt mate, I think were getting very blasay in our old age. :D

23. chairguru22 macrumors 6502a

i think the ps3 price will hurt their sales. $600 is a lot of money especially for videogames. i feel as though people overlook this. maybe its cause most forum posters have the extra cash but what about the millions of casual gamers who dont know the difference b/t blu-ray and dvd.

i havent even factored in the fact that the 360 has been out a year and has stronger games. 360 owners (who are likely ps3 buyers) arent going to shell out more money for games they can already play. and the Wii has a strong nintendo following plus its easy on the pocketbook price.

im just telling you like it is, the PS3 is damn expensive.

24. 7on macrumors 601

7on

25. stefan15 macrumors regular

This is a good statement. All of these machines will have the same-ish games for the first year or so. As developers get better, so will the games, until eventually the game surpasses the technology hosting it, in which case PS3 will finally pull into the lead.

That's quite far away, and by then PS4 might even be out.

The price, is pretty good if you ask me--but only if you happen to be in the market for a blu-ray player. Even at that, you are stuck with a blu-ray player. What if HD-DVD wins out? There are players now in the $1000-ish range that will play both BD-ROM and HD-DVD.