Xbox 360 LAN Games - Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Haoshiro, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

As some of you know from a few of my other threads, I'll likely be opening a gaming center in my area this spring.

I've decided that instead of doing large 62" HDTVs, I'm going to do smaller 20.1" widescreen monitors, and have separate 360s for each player. That seem not only cheaper, but better for tournaments, etc.

So now I'm wondering, what games should I start out with and look for in the future? I'd like a decent mix if gametypes, but i'm sure FPS will still dominate. I'm looking at opening up in April, so new games might be coming out. I've decided to budget in 3 titles to start with, since I have to get 8 copies of every game more games get's expensive (~$500/game)

So far I have this list (in absolutely no order):
    - Gears of War
    - Rainbow Six: Vegas
    - Half-Life 2: Episode 2
    - Lost Planet
    - C&C3: Tiberium Wars
    - Halo 3
    - Halo Wars
    - Burnout: Revenge
    - Forza 2

These are just considerations mostly. Halo 3 is an obvious, plus a game called Severity that should be hitting 360 and is an official CPL game (FPS).

Anyone have some good additions for the list? Also what would everyone rank as a top 3 games for lan gaming on 360?

Personally I'm thinking of: (leaving out Halo games as they won't be out anyway)
    - Gears of War
    - Half-Life 2 (HL2 DM, TF2, and Portal make it a no-brainer as long as it plays well)
    - Rainbow Six: Vegas

That of course means all shooters at the start, but I don't know which I'd swap out for anything different.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions!

2. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

GRAW is great and should be able to pick up on the used pile and GRAW 2 is on the horizon

why not add halo2 into the list

splintercell would be interesting but maybe a bit slow for some people

why not add a party game like marvel ultimate alliance where 4 people could get together do some dungeon crawling or a 4 on 4 hockey game (nhl2k7) or a basketball game

3. Haoshiro thread starter macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

I definitely want to do that, but I want to make sure the most popular games are covered first, especially those that would work best in tournaments.

If I could get Quake 4 cheap I might do that as well, though I've heard bad things about the 360 version. Although I recently tried the demo and thought the controls and responsiveness was excellent, personally. (Can't say much for the actual game/story, though).

The Halo 2 idea is fantastic though, I'm really surprised I didn't even think of that, heh!

4. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

because this is for a business go talk to a business saless guy at a best buy or compusa and see if pricing can be worked out as you would need multiple copies and the increased wear and tear on discs and equipment somethiung maybe done to help reduce your costs instead of havign to pay full retail.

5. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Rainbow Six would be a good choice, as long as you moved things as quickly as possible. With the gazillion options for setting stuff up, it might take a bit if you let them. ;)