Xbox 360 Launch

Discussion in 'Games' started by p0intblank, Nov 21, 2005.

1. p0intblank macrumors 68030

I'm not getting my 360 for a little while, but did anyone get their's tonight at a launch event? If so, post your impressions and pictures are always welcome! :D

2. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Almost

Well it happened...WM had 14 (10 core and 4 prem.) and I was #17. I'm not angry about that just the way they handled the rest of the line. The Super told the girl at the register to let everyone (45 people) know they were sold out, so she leans over the counter and asks the two moms and me to let the others know, then shuts the doors behind her (this was in the layaway) so no one was around. Needless to say the other 40 people were pissed and the Super was no where to be found and nothing over the p.a. system either (time for a nasty gram).
    But on a diff. note, they came wrapped in brown bags :cool: wonder why aside from a security point of view.

3. reberto macrumors 65816

reberto

I am just about to leave and pick mine up! YAY!

4. Jon'sLightBulbs macrumors 6502a

5. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

I just drove buy my local Best Buy and there were probably 50 people in line. I feel bad for some because they were only supposed to get about 35 in total.

6. TrumanApple macrumors member

I was one of the lucky 14 to get one... I am selling it though because they are going for 550+ (the core version) on ebay.... if anyone is interested make an offer (PM me)... no less than 525 + shipping... but i will put it up on ebay regardless. I will be in the st. louis area over thanks giving. I have a perfect rating on ebay.

BTW they look great... pictures will come soon.

7. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

are these stores opening up at midnight, or at normal times on Tuesday? How long have these people been in line?

8. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

The Best Buy by me is opening at 9 AM and there have been people standing in line since at least 11. The first 5 people didn't even have jackets on and it was almost 30 degrees out.

9. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I would love to go point and laugh at some of them :D (I know that's not very nice...but...it would be a lot of fun)

10. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

Oh, it was fun.:D ;)

11. Viewtiful Rich macrumors regular

Viewtiful Rich

... I'd laugh my butt off as well, especially since the launch games aren't getting too great of reviews, lol

12. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I'm tempted to drive by and scream "XBox sucks!" or something PURELY to see what reaction I get :D

Most likely pitchforks and torches.

13. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I still dont know what the big deal is, a PC can do so much more and a PC can be made with such powerful graphic cards i just dont get it. Oh well

14. Wince99 macrumors newbie

Wince99

I'm glad to see M$ is having problems of supply... hmmm... coud it be?... the cursed PPC processors? (I'm so glad we switched to intel! oh well, good old days of partnership with IBM/Moto are gone):p

15. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

does the xbox 360 support keyboard and mouse for games of the mmorpg/fps type?

16. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I must say that whoever designed that thing had to be drunk as a skunk,rectangles,circles, curves, only thing missing is a triangle on the front. On the Fugly scale i give it a 100%, its its just so darn awkward looking and i have to wonder how many times its going to get knocked over.

17. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

Well I woke my happy @$$ up at 5 and waited in line just for the Best Buy guy to tell me that he didn't have any left... he stopped at 47 I was around 60

18. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

I bet that sucks.

19. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

What reviews have you read? In another thread kuyu points out that major releases - Call of Duty II, PGR3, PDZ, and Condemned - all score above 8.5. That's not a bad score in my book.....

20. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

Nope. MS said they wanted to distance themselves from PC controllers for anything other than typing. :mad:
    I'm getting an xbox360 - my first real console (had a PS1 and wasn't impressed with console gaming in general) - and as a huge fan of FPS, I'm hoping that in the future there are compatible wireless kb/mouse game controllers for the 360. Would be nearly enough for me to stop my gaming pc project.
    Just hope some of the accessory makers like Belkin and Logitech step up to the plate!

21. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

i pray they do that might mean the difference of me gettin an xbox or ps3...

22. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

I thought about going out last night and picking one up... just to put it up on ebay... decided not to do it.. but I'd be interested to see what kind of profits folks who did, are making.

So I can kick myself.

23. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

Ya darn right it did

24. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

25. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

I should have mine in the next couple of hours... one of my Microsoft friends went to Costco and the guy right in front of him in line got the last voucher.