Xbox 360+ LCD HDTV.

Discussion in 'Games' started by quagmire, Nov 23, 2006.

1. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

I have an xbox 360 and looking into getting a LCD HDTV( around 19-20"). The 360 doesn't come with HDMI connectors right? So the only thing I have to do is plug in the other set of red,yellow, and white connectors to the LCD and set it to HD? Or are there other steps I have to do?

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

If the TV supports VGA you could also use that. (you just need a 360 vga cable)

Otherwise use the componet and flip the swixh on the cable to HDTV.

edit... red white & yellow is 'composite'. You wont get HD from that. You need to use the

Red, Blue & Green connectors for video & Red & White for Audio... Tha's 'component'...

The cable that came with 'premium' 360's has both composite & component connections. If you onlu got a core xbox your cable is composite only and you need to buy a component cable.

3. Clydefrog macrumors 6502a

Clydefrog

360 doesn't have an HDMI input, so i believe you just do the R-W-Y cables

4. quagmire thread starter macrumors 603

quagmire

Right, but there are two componet connectors. The standard looking ones, and ones that have a funny looking ending. I use the funny looking ending ones?

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

LOL.. I edited my post..

You need to use the Blue, Green & Red for video. And the Red & White from the other section for audio... You dont use the yellow at all.. :)