Xbox 360 Live Problem

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jovian9, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Hello. My wife just suprised me with an Xbox 360 for my b-day (which is tomorrow). I've got it set up but have no games for it yet. I have ran into a problem though;
    I cannot connect to Xbox Live. I have an Xbox and have a Live membership that I pay for monthly to play Halo 2 vs some friends, but when I enter it into the set-up for Live on my new 360 it says that no such account exists (even when I enter my e-mail info I still get this).
    Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. benyaimin macrumors member

try this:

go to xbox.com and link your account to an M$ passport, then put the passport email as your email on the live setup.

3. Electro Funk macrumors 65816

Electro Funk

hmmm... thats odd... if you have an exhisting live account and you buy a 360, you are automatically upgraded to a live gold account until your initial subscription expires.... i would suggest getting a game and trying to sign in with the game in the console... if that doesnt work... call their Tech Suppt.

4. Jovian9 thread starter macrumors 68000

Jovian9

I was finally able to get it to work. Though it would not recognize my hotmail account so I had to create a new one....which is odd b/c I have had this hotmail account since 1999 and still use it at least a few times a week for e-mail. But all is good now. Question: do I only have to download the "patch" for older games once? I downloaded it for Star Wars Jedi Academy and now all of my old Xbox games work (didn't download it for any other games).
    Also, how can I get my saved game data from the Xbox to the Xbox 360? Do I have to buy a memory unit or can I transfer that with an ethernet/crossover cable?
    Thanks for the help!

5. Ringo macrumors regular

Ringo

Actually is kind of harder than that, I read an article some week ago(still trying to find it...) that it can be done but the process is kind of long...
    You need a game shark for the xbox, (which I believe mean your xbox must be modded...) plus some other stuff I cannot remmember.

In short, it's not worth it to transfer file from xbox to 360 for now. sorry to have such bad news :(

6. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

First: not all original Xbox games are supported. For those that are, once you've gotten the patch, it'll work until the end of time.

Second: it's not something you can just do with the flip of a button. It's not worth trying, really – might as well just start all your games over again. ;)

7. gco212 macrumors 6502

They use a different filing structure on the 360 or something like that, so it's more or less not worth the trouble of trying to move accross your saves.

8. benyaimin macrumors member

maybe you should just play some 360 games :p