XBox 360 Madden 06

Discussion in 'Games' started by toomuchstereo, Sep 15, 2005.

1. toomuchstereo macrumors regular

Has anyone seen anything about this game other than the target video EA used as a commercial. I can't find anything.

2. risc macrumors 68030

risc

3. Barham macrumors regular

I have a theory on this that isn't nearly as bleak as Penny Arcade (whose opinion I respect very much).

The target render video is actually called Madden Next Gen. You'll see that plastered everywhere on the video. The new video is Madden NFL 2006 for Xbox 360. This (IMO) is merely a PORT of the current gen Madden game slapped together so that Xbox 360 owners wont be SOL when they want to play Madden. If you look, it has the same animation lighting and models that the Xbox version has but everything is higher res and there are some small lighting effects and such that the Xbox can't pull off (especially at that res).

In short I believe that "Madden Next Gen" as seen in the early target render video will not be available until next year when all three next gen systems will be on the market. Granted, I think that the target render video is over the top, but I think that we will all be pleasantly surprised when Madden 2007 comes out next fall.

-Hasta

4. toomuchstereo thread starter macrumors regular

my lord, you have got to be kidding me (madden photo's), i see my 360 being on ebay as soon as PS3 hits the shelves

5. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

6. prophet621 macrumors member

As another poster mentioned, don't expect to see much of a difference until Madden 2K7.

For one thing and something I am happy about, is EA and the makers of ESPN will be working togeather to make the next generation of football. Personally I thought ESPN was a much better game as far as actually playing football is concerned and slightly better graphics with a MUCH better halftime show. Between the two building a game from the ground up to perform on the 360 we should expect nothing short of a truly incredible game. On a personal note, I hope they don't re-sign that pompus blowhard Madden so I can finally listen to some commentary.