Xbox 360 not detecting wireless network

Discussion in 'Games' started by yg17, Aug 9, 2006.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I just reluctantly spent 100 bucks on the Xbox 360 wireless adapter, because once I move to my new house Sunday, the router and xbox will be in different rooms and I'll have no other choice.

Right now, I'm trying to get everything set up, and the Xbox will not detect my wireless network (router is a Linksys WRT54G). Even manually entering the SSID doesn't work. SSID broadcast is on, the only protection is MAC filtering, and my PowerMac connects fine...I'm connected to it right now. Right now, the router and the 360 are 6 feet apart, so range isn't an issue either. Anyone know what's wrong? Thanks

2. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

Huh, after making that post, it found the network under network search, but connecting was unsuccessful. Just said "not connected" on the network test.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Sorry mine connectss to my airport no problem :eek:

4. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

OK, It's solved now. Either that 12 digit MAC-looking number printed on the wireless adapter wasn't a MAC address, or it was a MAC address but the wrong one :rolleyes: I entered the MAC listed in the dashboard and all is well.

5. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Yeah – I have the exact same setup and I too was stymied until I got the right MAC addresss.