Xbox 360 Pre-order

Discussion in 'Games' started by kuyu, Sep 1, 2005.

1. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

I finally pre-ordered an Xbox 360 this morning! I've been waiting for the bundle that was right for me, and to my surprise Walmart.com began offering the exact package I would have bought as seperate items.

Their premium bundle includes:

Xbox 360 Premium
    Extra wireless controller
    Play & Charge Kit
    1 year of Live Gold
    2 games of your choice

I went with PGR3 and PDZero. Plus, I opted for the express overnight delivery. I've waited this long, and can't stand the idea of waiting an extra 2 days for my new console. God I'm impatient.

Anyway, I know I could have ordered from the local EB or Gamestop months ago. However, I've had a few bad experiences in my local shops, so I refused to give them another dollar. All in all the system, games, Live, charger, delivery, and tax came to...... $693.58!!!!!!!! Holy Crap!!!!

Luckily I got the bright idea about 18 months ago to start saving $200/month in a second savings account for "technology." Smartest move I ever made. I should have enough for the Revolution and PS3 too.

<music>"Damn it feels good to be a gamer, I mean one that you don't really know" </music>

2. masterapple04 macrumors regular

Congrats man! I wish I had $700 to drop on that, because I'd do it. Unfortunately, I just spent about $1800 on a Mac mini and a 20" ACD.

As a side note, I've never owned any of the Playstations. I've been a Nintendo loyalist since my mom bought a SNES back in the day. I only just got an XBOX this past Christmas, and much as I dislike Microsoft, they've got something with this black hernia-inducing contraption of theirs. The 360 can't come soon enough. :cool:

3. mox358 macrumors 6502

mox358

I already pre-ordered, but may cancel

I pre-ordered one from Sam Goody locally like 2 months ago, before they had even announced the packs and prices.

For $500 they gave you

System Bundle
    Extra Controller
    2 games of your choice

Now the question is, is the system bundle the full 360 or the core system... as of today they don't know. The best part is they don't know when they'll find out. So I'm stuck waiting it out. If it's the core system, I'm really getting screwed, if it's the full 360 bundle, they're getting screwed a little. I don't know yet what I'm gonna do, although i REALLY want PDZ.

4. mox358 macrumors 6502

mox358

HALO 3 ????

Did you notice it's an option for one of your games? I just went to check it out and sure enough you can select Halo 3 as your free game...very odd.

5. Cfly macrumors regular

im just going to go get one in store when it launches, have never had trouble before on launch days

6. reberto macrumors 65816

reberto

Lets just hope the 360 realese date does not cause one of those $50 iBook like days!

7. kuyu thread starter macrumors 6502a

kuyu

8. d_saum macrumors 6502

d_saum

Man....I'd like to pre-order, but I just want the $399 version and one game!!! (Ghost Recon 3) Thats it, nothing special. Guess I'll just wait and get one when they ship.

9. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Is there any reason why you chose that setup instead of a $1799 20" G5 iMac?

jon

10. kuyu thread starter macrumors 6502a

kuyu

Now their site doesn't even have pre-orders available. The link above takes you to an internal 404.

One day, and walmart sells out of preorder bundles! I'm glad I'm trigger happy. Letting us pick the games and only including two was genius.