xbox 360 qestions.

Discussion in 'Games' started by dylan6950204, Jan 12, 2007.

1. dylan6950204 macrumors member

dylan6950204

i am buying an xbox 360 and i am seeing alot of threads that people r on the 2 and 3rd xbox 360's and they r saying they r over heating and that there r a few outher problems could some people who have already had there xbox for a while please give me some helpfull buying tips and clear up some of the things i have been reading

2. risc macrumors 68030

risc

I have had my Xbox 360 since the Australian launch (10 months) and I haven't had a single issue with it. What would you like to know about the 360?

3. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

You have to remember that the only people who post or are vocal are the ones who are having problems. The much larger majority that have great working systems are probably playing them and don't have time to post on forums :).

It is a very small percentage, easily less than 1% that have had a problem with their 360.

Go ahead and get a system, if it has a problem, just take it back or call Microsoft, they have been very good about fixing them.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I would not hesitate in getting a system. The early adopters of the system had issues, but they seem to be ok. I can honestly say that due to the issues had before when I bought one this xmas for the boy I bought the extended warranty.

5. rtdgoldfish macrumors 6502a

rtdgoldfish

I've had mine since the US launch date (Nov. 2005) and I've had zero problems with it. Any other specific questions you had about it??

6. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

All three system are fine and dont have problems. Im getting my 360 in 4-6 weeks to make everyone happy.

7. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

I must admit, although I am on my second one due to freezing, I wouldn't let this put you off.

As wwooden said, its generally only the people who have problems that say anything.

What a system tho, go for it, you wont be dissapointed.

8. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

This has nothing to do with this thread, but I just have to say that Viva Pinata is my favorite game right now. It look me a bit to get into it, but now I love it. I am constantly trying new things and making new gardens. When I'm not playing, I am thinking about new things I could do or looking up ways to attract new Pinata's. And this is all coming from a person who favor's First person shooters (well, used to :)).

Definitely check this game out if you haven't.

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Just another voice.

Had mine since dec launch 2005, and had no problems.

10. Nicolasdec macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

Ive had one since it came out and havent had any problems only when you are playing you can hear the fans going full blast thaires a product that you can buy that you stick it on your xbox and it has 2 fans, its was made to cool you xbox better

11. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

I'll toss in my comment to say I've had mine since Jan/2006 and have had no problems.

Best advice would be to buy it somewhere that has a great return policy, and maybe get an extended warranty (never hurts with a purchase/investment of this cost). If you do have problems it will save you a lot of trouble to be able to just bring it back and exchange it at the store you bought it. Consider that when buying it! :)

I'm still playing Oblivion, and GoW.

My most anticipated games are probably: Halo 3, Worms HD [2D] (and then there is a long list of others I'll just avoid posting again).

12. dylan6950204 thread starter macrumors member

dylan6950204

thanks for all the great answers i am going to get my 360 in about two weeks when my mom gets her income taxes so anyone have any sugestions on what game i should get or like what are the essentials i need when buying

i have 500usd to spend

13. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Definitely get the Premium system with the 20GB hard drive and wireless controller. If you do get this one, get the rechargeable battery pack (with cord) so that you do not have to buy batteries for your wireless controller all the time and so that you can still play while it is charging (with the cord connected).

Gears of War, Elder Scrolls Oblivion, and Project Gotham 3 are a few of my favorites on the system.

14. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

Bought mine at launch and I've never had a problem.

BUT it is advised to keep it flat. Don't do the vertical stand thing. and to make sure that it's well ventilated.

Great machine. Cheers, T

15. islandman macrumors 6502

I've had mine for a year. NO problems at all! I also have several friends that have them, with no problems. BUY!

16. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Mine's a launch model, and I've had no problems. The new ones don't break down at all, and much of the problems attributed to the initial cooling failures are partly the user's fault (eg, putting it in a place without any airflow)

17. giganten macrumors 6502a

Bought mine on the launch.
    But after 3 - 4 months the cd-drive got crazy and the 360 did freeze on me.
    I did send it in to Microsoft, but dont do that i did get a old refurbished 360 that didnt work and had to send it back. And next console i got back was dead again, and again.
    So i went to the store where i did buy it and they got me a new one.
    It is made in september 2006 i think and it is no problem whit this one and it i quiet too.

My friend had same problem too, and he have a new one now made in 2006 and no problem. So i think it only was the lunch system that had problem.

18. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

At work we've sold hundreds of them since it's launch last year and have so far only had two returned as faulty. So it's seems pretty reliable from my point of view.

(Plus, it's only the vocal few who shout about a faulty machine. If it works, people are to busy using them to sing it's praises.)

19. giganten macrumors 6502a

Gear of war, play co-op whit some friend very fun :D .
    Viva pinata is good too.

20. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

It seems everyone who invested a bit of time in this game really liked it, or indeed loved it.

But unfortunely most already dismissed it - thinking it was kiddie and unfortunetly as great a game as it is (and original), it has sold very poorly for a first party title and the shake up at Rare has already led to some of the heads leaving the company :(

21. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

I don't think it's solely down to the sales of Viva Pinata. Rare haven't released what I would call a 'real-AAA-Rare-game' since the N64.

Something had to give.

22. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Tips? Don't buy the Nyko Intercooler as much as they say it's a critical piece of equipment for your 360. it's not. However, a warranty would be a good idea. It's a fantastic system, great game library.

23. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

On the subject of Nyko and warrantees, intercoolers void them (and damage the unit)