xbox 360 question

Discussion in 'Games' started by Sharpsk8101, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Sharpsk8101 macrumors newbie

Hi, i am thinking about getting an xbox 360 and i have one question. Can you make a Lan connection between that and a regular xbox to play a xbox game, such as Halo 2? Thanks.

2. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

yep. i believe so.

i have a 360, have had it since launch.

i love it. and even if you cant, just get on live suckas.

if you have halo 2 and dont have live then you are an idiot

3. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Yes you can.

4. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

I've done it, works great. Soemtimes I've had issues where the 360 needs to host the game before the Xbox sees it, but otherwise fine.

Another thing of note is that Halo 2 on 360, when having 4 players play split screen on it, seems to run noticably slower then the original Xbox. 1-3 players seems to work fine, though.

5. Sharpsk8101 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you. I do have live for my xbox, so my 360 will have it too, but i was just wondering if that would work.

6. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

i hope you know that you have to upgrade to a different type of xbox live that will only work on the 360.

7. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

Actually, you can sign on with both systems, I'm not sure if at the same time though. So you could keep your XBox, and sign onto Live with it, and then sign on later with the 360, with the same account.

8. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

As others have said, yes it works, and yes sometimes the 360 seems to want to be the host before other people can find the game.

You should totally get an XBOX 360, but just make sure you want it for the software and not just the hardware. If you're getting it to play Halo 2 with a wireless controller, you're getting it for the wrong reasons.

9. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    No, you don't. If you have a paid subscription to XBL from the original Xbox, then you will be automatically upgraded to "Gold" when you sign on XBL on a 360. No other purchase necessary.

10. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

what games you play ? I play Fight Night round 3, Battlefield 2 MC, Oblivion, Quake 4 and kameo. My gamer tag is ijimk :) hit me up sometime if you play any of those...

11. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

What i meant was that you have to go through a process that makes it switch over or at least i did when i got mine at launch.

didnt mean that you had to buy a new one or anything

12. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

No, that's not true. Your regular Xbox Live account is the same as the 360 "Gold" accounts; the only thing new are the "Silver" accounts, which don't exist on the original Xbox.

13. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

Look down.

14. Sharpsk8101 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you. If i do wind up getting one, i really want one, it would be strictly for the software, since i think the ps3 has better. The reason i like it though, is because i love xbox style games. Thank you for all the help.

15. Sharpsk8101 thread starter macrumors newbie

i just brought up halo 2 as an example game, i actually think it is a little overrated and like halo 1 a little bit more for some crazy reason. I really love some of the new 360 exclusive games.

16. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

Word. I myself love Halo 2 and still play it from time to time. I wouldn't call it over-rated by any means as it still has the best online menu/matchmaking system and functionality of any XBOX game I've ever played and most of the 360 games thus far as well. I have dug myself into some of these new games though and have been enjoying them immensly.

And ijimk (to answer your question), lately I've gotten about halfway through Farcry. At first I wasn't that impressed, but the game picks up pretty quickly and the multiplayer online is truly fun. Notably, the map making aspect gives it tons of future use for sure. I've played a couple of maps thus far which have simply knocked my socks off, and any FPS with hang gliders and jet skis should be at least rented or borrowed from a friend.

I also have to "get back on the horse" and finish up GRAW and Kameo...

My 360 is being repaired by MS right now (bad disc drive :mad: ) so I'll be on when I get back.