XBOX 360 questions

Discussion in 'Games' started by Cold_Steel, May 22, 2005.

1. Cold_Steel macrumors member

"Ability to stream media from portable music devices, digital cameras and Windows XP-based PCs" (quoted from XBOX 360 home site).

What does this mean?

Also does the XBOX 360 come with Wi-Fi, and could it play movies off of its har drive thru its hard drive?

Matt

2. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

it has the ability to stream objects through a win media center which of course is only with win pc's

i know it has wifi capabilities but you have to buy a wifi adapter for it :(

3. friarbayliff macrumors regular

I would imagine that it mostly involves streaming media via windows media player, much in the same way that iTunes streams to an airport express. I can't see the xbox 360 being too flexible with some of these features initially, especially because it's a good opportunity for Microsoft to plug their windows media propoganda.

4. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

F***in MS. I just want a games machine, not a f***in media centre load of B*****.
    They're trying the turn the Xbox (which I love) into their iPod, so they can plug their F***in media standards.
    Stop trying to dominate the world and try to make good products.
    Sorry for all the *s, but it gets me so mad!
    I'll say it again:
    I just want a games machine!

5. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

IIRC the streaming video only works through a Windows Media Center Edition PC. Remember the IIRC if someone remembers differently.

6. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

So if you have a Mac, are you going to be out of luck for certain Xbox 360 games? I won't buy one if MS thinks I must have their latest version of their crappy and unpopular Media Center edition XP in order to play Halo 3 or something.

7. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

I agree, that would suck, but won't happen. Theres no way Microsoft would be that dumb... although they did create XP....