Xbox 360 Questions

Discussion in 'Games' started by jared_kipe, Nov 28, 2005.

1. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

I have a few questions, only one I can think of right now is how can I transfer games from my old xbox. I really really don't want to do as much driving as I have done on Forza.

2. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

There is no way to transfer any saves from the original Xbox to the 360.

The memory cards are completely different, therefore I doubt there is any way. :(

3. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

4. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

nope. you can't. that would be nice! That is one of the only reasons i'm keeping my old xbox around, otherwise I'd sell it and buy a few 260 games!:rolleyes:

5. jared_kipe thread starter macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

Second question, are people using it on wired routers? I'm using it connected to my Linksys WRT54GS router which works great with my 2 wired computers, but for some reason I'm having a tough time getting it to work with my xbox 360. On the previous xbox I had to assign it an ip address and every time I tried to log into xbox live, I would have to go to the "test connection" screen. Well on the 360 I've had to do the same damn thing. I updated my router firmware, and now it doesn't need a static ip address, but still takes ages to log into xbox live. And I'm not sure its relevant but CoD2 lags really BAD for me.

6. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Mine is on a wired router (Buffalo) with no problems. I'd stick with a fixed IP or a static lease reservation by MAC address. Then go into your routing table and open up the UDP/TCP ports for 88 and 3074; these are both used by Xbox Live. Force those ports to your 360's IP address. Supposedly uPnP needs to be enabled if your router supports uPnP.

MS says this isn't necessary but I do it anyway because I'm paranoid. :) Does your 360 pass all the network tests? (MTU, etc)

7. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Aye, I have a Netgear router that is wireless, but the 360 is wired in. Works fine. I use DHCP to assign IP's, though the router is configured to keep both my powermac, and mac mini at the same internal addresses, it will assign any other equipment, including the ReplayTV a new IP address every time if another piece of equipment isn't taking it.

8. jared_kipe thread starter macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

Mine is wired as well, and seems to be working better now. Can I get confirmation that CoD2 lags a lot online? Halo2 is running fine.

9. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

uhhhh....whats a 260?:p ..........is that the xbox portable or something ;)

Bless

10. jared_kipe thread starter macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

Gosh people, it was probably a typo. Almost every time I get in a COD2 game it lags really bad for a while and usually people leave immediately. Leaving me and 2 people who will just kill me over and over left. I don't enjoy getting killed or, my flag stolen over and over because its 2 on one.

11. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^^ah maybe u didnt see the :p.....we know its a typo. just having a laugh, see:D

Bless

12. jared_kipe thread starter macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

Maybe his rolley eyes was meaning it was sarcastic or something. :p

13. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

well its all in good taste. to answer your question yea i've seen lag in COD2 but not so much to hurt my game experience.

Bless

14. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

I was wondering if you were to hook up both the xbox and the 360 into a router, would you be able to acces the hard drive on the xbox and use it while playing on the 360. Or for that matter is there a way to access the hard drive from a computer and burn a cd or dvd of all of the saved files and then transfer them to the 360. I have no idea if this would be possible just thinking.

15. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

No, in order fo rthat to happen you'll ahve to Mod the original xbxo, and if you've ever been on Xbox Live before you modded it, XBL will know that you have modded it and not allow you on. Something about the EEPROM and motherboard/HD serial number matches that they put into effect.

16. crap freakboy macrumors 6502a

crap freakboy

Pedant :D