Xbox 360 release date SET!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by EvilDoc, Sep 15, 2005.

1. risc macrumors 68030

risc

Woo hoo no release information or pricing for Australia, sweet we should get it in 2008! :rolleyes:

/me waits for import pricing from lik-sang

2. bokdol macrumors 6502a

bokdol

does this mean you pay about 5 times the actual reatil cost? :D :( :rolleyes:

3. risc macrumors 68030

risc

I'll say YES, I imported a PSP it cost AUD$900 including tax and delivery, my Japanese N64 cost AUD$800, and my Japanese PlayStation (1) cost $1250. I don't really care about the price though, I'm not going to hang around and wait a year + for a console I want them all yesterday.

4. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

Sweet gaming nirvana is sooo close now! I'm not going to be doing much of anything for a couple of weeks in late November. Now all I need is some Revolution info and I'll be one happy gamer.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

is it just me or does anyone else here think the Xbox360 is coming out too fast? the Xbox is only 4 years old. if it can make graphics like Splinter Cell and Doom 3 then surely theres still life left in the old(or young) dog? or are they rushing this out to try and sell more than the Rev and PS3?

6. EvilDoc thread starter macrumors 6502a

EvilDoc

I Think MS is rushing it oh so that, when the PS3 and Revolution are coming out they can lower the price of the 360.. it will proably be a year before we see the PS3 by then MS will be able to lower the price of the deluxe by at least $50 bucks and it will put sony in a tuff position.. since there system will be around (i not sure) $400+ and now MS has a system going for $249 and $349.. which would cheap parents buy?

7. wrxguy macrumors 6502a

wrxguy

oh my god the nex xbox's are being made by asian chef boy-r-dee's!!!

8. RobHague macrumors 6502

Does anyone know if its possible to hook one of these up to say my 20" ACD? Will there be a DVI connection for the xbox360?

9. grizzlybrice macrumors regular

grizzlybrice

I seriously hope so. But I doubt it.

B

10. benpatient macrumors 68000

no dvi, but there WILL be a VGA 15-pin dsub adapter, so you could just use a VGA-to-DVI adapter and it will work. Probably won't run in your native resolution, though.

CRT monitors still have some advantages... :)

11. Macamus Prime macrumors regular

Microsoft has money to burn. I am pretty sure they are determined to take any foothold on the industry they can, no matter what the cost - image wise and money wise. I like the system (XBox) but the company's tactics are down right awful.

I don't remember reading anywhere if Microsoft made any profit off of XBox. If they did, please, someone let me know. Nvidia got screwed over when Microsoft decided to change the insides for the second generation of XBoxes (the ones that where more hacker proof - only to be hacked in about 2 weeks). Also, the fact that you can't cancel your XBox Live subscription from the XBox console is very shaddy to me. I didn't keep an eye on it, and it renewed for another year. And even if you DO cancel in time, you still have to make a phone call. You can cancel over chat from Xbox.com, but they still tell you to call.

Again, I like the system, but I don't like the company and how it handles its system. The MTV special that introduced the 360 was pretty cheap. 360 already has the smell of "overhype". I will not buy it at launch. There is a good chance I will buy it down the road. Especially for Knights of The Old Republic, Crimson Skies, a Fable sequel (?), etc. etc. Until then, its just wait and see.

12. EvilDoc thread starter macrumors 6502a

EvilDoc

I know what you mean, microsoft made profit for like 1 quarter and they said they where surprise.. they loose something like $70 bucks on each console sold..

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

that makes a lotta sense actually. but what about the Rev? if rumours are true and its launched at £130-£150 then in theory they'd opt for that?
    meh, its a crazy market :)

i do think that the PS3 may have a bad time with sales if it really does cost $400/£221 and its competition are way below that.

14. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

yay. lets all not go buy one and wait for PS3 w00t :cool:

15. wako macrumors 65816

*shrugs*

I want ps3 dammit. All the good games are on ps3.

Mmm Im still excited to see how KillZone 2 will turn out. Hopefully it will be somewhat close to the "demo"

16. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

Yeah, the decision to be first was primarily about pricing. First, M$ gets all the gadget freaks to buy one (like me). Then, just when the PS3 is about to ship, they drop the price $50-$100.

Even a sony fanboy will think twice about a $450-$500 PS3 with about 15 games versus a $349 Premium 360 with ~100 games. Throw in a Revolution at about $200-$250 and Sony is going to have some problems.

I can promise you that M$ is already working on the Xbox 720, while Sony is still trying to get the PS3 ready. They plan to compete this time, and pwn Sony next time.

17. EvilDoc thread starter macrumors 6502a

EvilDoc

i read some where that sony said that depending on how the xbox360 does with sales will affect when the PS3 will ship. meaning if the sales are very poor then they will wait untill 2nd quarter 2007.. anyone else read that?

18. crachoar macrumors 6502a

Alright - we've got a system!

All we need now is a game...

19. Fukui macrumors 68000

Fukui

I don't know, with a name like XBOX SanRokuMaru, how can they go wrong in Japan? :rolleyes:

SanRokuMaru!!!
    SanRokuMaru!!!
    SanRokuMaru!!!

20. EvilDoc thread starter macrumors 6502a

EvilDoc

what does that translate to

21. Fukui macrumors 68000

Fukui

XBOX 3 6 0 (ThreeSixZero)

Kinda stupid name IMO...
    The video they showed was even more retarded, I especially liked the part when people touched the 360 and turned into "melon soda" and started dancing like iPod adds... it was pretty funny...

Well, I don't know how successful they'll be in Japan... they are trying hard... but its gonna do much better in the US/Euro than JP IMO.

22. madmax_2069 macrumors 6502a

madmax_2069

23. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

i wouldnt want his job! if you drop an Xbox or damage it your screwed! Bill Gates himself would pee on your head for such an atrocity!

24. grizzlybrice macrumors regular

grizzlybrice

...then you can just give him a pie to the face.

Brice