Xbox 360 rev. 2?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Pistol Pete, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Pistol Pete macrumors 6502a

Pistol Pete

is the version shipping today actually considered the second rev? This seems way to quick...

If so has there been bug fixes that anyone knows about?

The second rev i am assuming is the one that doesnt include the remote...

Thanks I have just been lookin a lot on ebay...

Peter

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Well I doubt there's any 'bug' fixes, bar maybe the updated backwards compatability list that came out in December.

The remote was meant to be for a very limited time.. After all they get $30 for that seperatly and they already lose a crap-load of money per console..

As for improvements in hardware reliability; I'm sure hardware problems will still inflict a small minority of users regardless of when they buy their 360.

I also expect hardware problems on every new piece of kit, that includes the intel imac or sony ps3. It's ridiculous to not expect a small amount of problems. It's the follow up & aftercare that's important. In this case Microsoft have been very good.

When my slim ps2 died a week after it arrived, I had to pay for shipping back to Sony and wait nearly eight weeks for a replacement. Not to mention a bunch of protracted and fustrating phone calls.

When one of my 360's died, I rang Microsoft. They sent UPS to deliver a box/coffin. They then sent UPS to collect the coffin and then delivered a brand new machine also by UPS. They were quick to answer my phonecall and always very obliging and knoweldgeable of my case/problem..

Both Sony & Apple and even Dell could learn from this...

3. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

I've heard no news of a second revision shipping. Do you have a source?

Any failures of 360s were:
    1) Overstated by the media ("there's a recal!")
    or
    2) Within the industry standard 3-5% failure rate for a consumer electronic device.

Microsoft has not stated when they will discontinue the media remote, but have stressed that it is "for a limited time only."

4. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

thats exactly how apple dealed with all my repairs/returns, got a UPS guy with an empty box.

5. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

I suppose they're cooler (either 65nm or proper heatsinks), which helps

6. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Friend of mine nuked his DVD player by sitting it ON TOP of his amp.

Where its warm.

Just a bit.

Now i wonder where people have been putting there 360 power packs?

7. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

Sounds like quite a horror story! :eek:

Amazingly enough I have my power brick sitting behind a cabinet on carpet (e gads!) and have had no problems thus far.

This thing is totally the PS2 of this generation though from the horror stories...

8. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

I've got mine on a little stand I've made for it - keeps it off the ground and lets the air get to every part of it. Thankfully no problems yet!

9. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

quite wise.

Although given the amount of grief people are getting i dought it will be long before some sompany release's a stand for a 360 power pack!