XBOX 360 silly question...

Discussion in 'Games' started by AJ Muni, Nov 30, 2005.

1. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

hey guys i just bought one today (premium edition)..and its sitting in my car...(i get out of work in 1 hour)!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: ...anyways this might sound silly...knowing i got a 20gb HD...but do i need to buy a memory card??? or does the game save onto the hard drive??...ive never owned an xbox b4...

2. diddy macrumors 6502

You're all set. The hard drive will hold everything, including game saves.

One question: where on earth did you find one?

3. AJ Muni thread starter macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

diddy man...your gonna say im the luckiest guy alive..and i do feel lucky (i only feel bad cuz the girlfriend is hating me right now cuz i bought it)....i posted the whole story on another thread recently...but here are the cliff notes....i read on macrumors today at noon that sears.com had some (never thought of sears selling them) so i called, the guy said he had 5, went over, and bought it...(all during my lunch break of 1 hour)...i kno i feel extremely lucky..i cant wait to play...but i feel kinda left out cuz i dont have a HD tv, so i hope itll still look good...

p.s. here is my story..

4. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

5. AJ Muni thread starter macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

6. diddy macrumors 6502

That is awesome, AJ.

But, I gotta agree with GFLPraxis. Sell that bad boy on eBay. You could use the cash to get yourself a reasonably sized HDTV, (and maybe a nice little something for the girlfriend.) ;) Then, buy a 360 again after the new year when they're easier to come by.

At least, thats what I would do. Cheers.

7. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

you'll be able to play right out of the box!!! Congratulations again, you are super lucky to find one! I have been looking non stop and can't find it for a real price, I don't really feel like spending a thousand dollars, because I don't have it!

8. AJ Muni thread starter macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

well guys after thinking and thinking...ive decided im going to keep it...i became freinds with the guy at sears, and he told me to call back every 3-5 days, so ill buy another one..and then put THAT ONE on ebay...

9. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

No, because when you can find them readily, they won't sell for much on eBay.

Sell the 360 now, then when they are readily available buy a 360 and all the games you will. Or perhaps a 360 and a HDTV.

10. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

Exactly. As soon as shipments pick up they won't be selling on ebay.

11. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

Well they will sell on Ebay but not the outrageous amounts that they are going for now

12. cvalda macrumors member

Wait.

You were about to buy FIVE Premium Xbox 360 systems and say you can't afford a decent HDTV set?

5x400 = 2,000. 2,000-400= 1,600. You can get a good HDTV for $1500. It doesn't have to cost over $3,000 for it to be good, that's just a misconception.

13. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

He said the store had 5, not that he bought 5.

14. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Why are people advising him to sell it? He wanted one, he went through the hassle to get one, and has said twice he wants to keep it.

Game on, man. Congratz on finding one! :D

15. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

He was going to purchase them for his friends. I would *guess* they were going to reimburse him or else I want to be his friend too... ;)

I could purchase 5 XBox 360's on my credit card no problem but I would only do so if my friends were paying me back. That does not mean it would be wise of me to purchase a nice HDTV on my credit card.

16. AJ Muni thread starter macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

if u read my story correctly, i said that i called 4 of my freinds and i was gonna buy them each one, and 1 for me. 4+1= 5...ANYWAYS.....i thought about the ebay thing, but i called my freind back at sears and he said to call him next week that they will have more, so my plan is ill buy another one...and put THAT ONE on ebay..i think the longer the better, cuz as x-mas approaches people will get desperate and pay whatever for an xbox....dam that economics class actually paid off...

17. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

But the second shipment will go out before X-Mas. As X-Mas approaches, there will be more and more XBox 360's available on the market...

18. AJ Muni thread starter macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

Yeah your right..but you know how people go crazy on ebay....

19. jdechko macrumors 68040

Plus, If you sell that one you have for a grand while they're hot, you can take your gf out for a nice dinner and then she wouldnt be pissed. Then next week when sears gets more, you can buy one, plus (perhaps) a decent TV). Lets see:

XBox 360 Now + No Good TV + Unhappy GF

OR

XBox 360 in a week + Better TV + Happy GF

20. AJ Muni thread starter macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

LOL good point...she actually got over it now..i think shes gonna buy me an extra wireless controller..actually when i got home i actually do HAVE AN HDTV....i was surprised to see the input of the green and blue cables on the back of my tv...i dunno guys i already opened it up and played with it...imma stick with it.

21. savar macrumors 68000

savar

The question is, will be there be enough for everybody? Probably not...Its worth trying to sell one on ebay, at the worst you'll lose $50 if supply shoots up, but you stand to net over $200 if supply is still tight as xmas approaches.

22. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Hello boss? Yeah... I'm not feeling very well.. I think it was something I ate at lunch. I'm going to just go home and get into bed. Yeah.. really sorry about this.. hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow, but I'll call you if I'm still feeling under the weather.

23. mac-er macrumors 65816

This auction just proves that there is a sucker born every second.

Why in the world would someone pay over $600 more for something just to have it now? Can you say spoiled? :rolleyes:

Wait a month and they'll be in stock. MS is just holding back stock to make the demand look stronger.

Heck, in 6 months, the price will drop when Sony releases PS3.

24. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Agreed. Those people are idiots. No offense if anyone here on MR paid $2000 for their systems :eek: