Xbox 360 Streaming content Issue... Connect 360

Discussion in 'Games' started by XNine, Feb 14, 2006.

1. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    So the developer hasn't found a solution to my issue yet.

My issue: The Xbox sees all of my music, and photos. But there photos have large "X's" and will not display the actual photo. The songs have red stop signs by them and will not play. (even the non-itnes music store songs)

Any ideas?

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Strange works perfectly for me. Have you downloaded the AAC patch for the 360 itself. Xbox Marketplace / Community section.

3. XNine thread starter macrumors 68040

XNine

Sure have, and I downloaded it a second time just in case. Still nodda. *sigh* Figures it's only me... ANd most of the files are in MP3 format. The pics? Standard JPEGs....

4. ipacmm macrumors 65816

ipacmm

I haven't had any issues with it. I would try to re-start the Connect360 and see if it works that time.

5. XNine thread starter macrumors 68040

XNine

Done that... I even have a different build of 1.0 than other downloaders, and it still doesn't work. Even if the OS X firewall is turned off, same results. Ports that have to be opened are open in the OS X firewall, still same problem.

I've tried abotu everything I can think of, and the ROUTER shouldn't have to be configured at all since it's on the LAN and the connection is good.

6. Malcster macrumors 6502

Have you tried the 1.5 release that is available from the site now? (it fixed 2 minute gaps i was getting in my playlist playback)

7. XNine thread starter macrumors 68040

XNine

Yeah, just tried that, same issue. GAH! Everyone else can do it, why can't I?!

8. bigbadTKO macrumors member

im having this exact problem with 2.31. anyone else??

9. XNine thread starter macrumors 68040

XNine

Hey bud, have you opened iPhoto on your machine at all?

What happened with mine was, I copied an old HD with Carbon Copy cloner, and hadn't opened iPhoto, and for some reason all of my iTunes Library was in the wrong folder. So, since I hadn't opened iPhoto the library wasn't completely built, and it couldn't find iTunes.

So, I placed my iTunes music where it should have been, and opened iPhoto and then Connect 360 saw it.

10. nbp03types macrumors newbie

I am having this same problem. I have done everything suggested so far to no avail. The weird thing is that it worked fine when I had the demo. I had copied all of my music from my iPod using PodUtil into the Music folder when I started to retrieve my files from my old PC. This is my first Mac. Any other suggestions. I am lost.

EDIT: I somehow fixed my problem, don't know how, I just started fiddling with iTunes and then it magically worked.

11. bigbadTKO macrumors member

i was able to get it to work, only after booting into windows, enabling media connect, then restarting back into mac os x. weird.