Xbox 360: The Most Boring and Overhyped System On the Market

Discussion in 'Games' started by Winstonp, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Winstonp macrumors 6502a

Winstonp

I bought one Premium system from Bestbuy.com this sunday and it arrived today. I own Project Gothem Racing 3, and I rented Madden, NFS, and Tony Hawk.

All of the games are mediocre, and the gameplay is identical to current systems, the only difference being that the graphical effects (eg. reflections, shadows, light) are enhanced.

Biggest waste of 450 dollars+whatever else I have. Do not buy this system if you want to have fun. Buy it if you want to say you own an Xbox 360.

2. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

Why not just repackage it and sell it on eBay for like $3000 then?

3. Winstonp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Winstonp

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

give it time dude. sure some of the games suck right now but in time there will be worthy games.

Bless

5. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

Well let me know you plan on selling it.

6. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Go look at PS2 games from 2000. They don't compare to games for the PS2 today. It takes time for developers to get used to coding for a particular system. Don't worry, they will soon learn to unleash the power. Things will get better, I promise.

7. Winstonp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Winstonp

I agree that the games will get better. On that note I have to add that I cannot wait for the revolution. Why? because it is going to already have an amazing library on launch...

I'll sell the console for 550 shipped. I paid 450...

After the paypal and whatever I'm making almost nothing!

8. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be

if it's gameplay you're after, buy an old commodore or something from eBay. :rolleyes:

as someone else mentioned, it takes time for game developers to realize the full potential of a console.

oh, and i'll give you $300 for it. it's now secondhand/used. the ones on eBay are new/unused and "factory sealed in box", big difference. :)

9. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

I think 475 is probably around the most you're going to get for it since it's used.

10. DrNeroCF macrumors 6502

And what potential would that be? The other two processors? So we can have more particles flying around than before? Maybe you're referring to the new features on the controller that the developers haven't gotten their heads around yet. Oh wait, there are none.

Psh, the Dreamcast was a bigger leap graphically than the 360 is. In Best Buy there was Burnout running on a ps2, and a 360 playing a video of PGR3. Guess which one looked cartoony, and which one looked sexy. If you think the 360 looked better :rolleyes:

Wait for the Revolution, that's when the true next generation hits :cool:

11. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Not to get into a fight on what system will be better, but what are you smoking and where can I get some? :p

12. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

I dont really think that the 360 is a great system. I wouldnt buy it but ive never owned any system except for an n64. Still it is unfair for you to judge the 360 on the games you got. Gotham, eh racing game what do you expect its a racing game not a whole lot of revolution there. The other games you have arent really 360 games theyre just ports, and in the case of Madden I belive an uncomplete port. Like everyone else has said the programers are far from taping the system's full potential yet. This is why you are silly to have bothered grabbing the system as soon as you had the chance.

btw. do you have and HD tv because yeah next gen systems are worthless without them, in some cases it can be worse than older systems if your not using an HD.

13. d_saum macrumors 6502

d_saum

Man, I feel for ya. Dont worry though, the games will get better, much better once they truly figure out how to utilize the other cores. So, you might have spent a little more than you should have, but if you like gaming, you'll end up enjoying it.

My BIGGEST gripe with the 360 right now is that since they rushed it, it has no HD-DVD or Blu Ray for gaming. I know there are some rumors that they may add it later, but thats only for movie playback. I think developers are going to run out of room quick on a standard dvd.

Oh and you should give Call of Duty 2 a try. From what Ive heard, that game really shows the potential of the 360.

14. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    *yawn* Apparently you didn't read any of the topics on this forum, nor anywhere else around the net. I don't feel sorry for your purchase, and your "Boring and Overhyped" comment is stereotypical of someone who truly does not understand the development cycle of a console.

15. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Agreed.
    Plus, you were actually able to get one before Christmas at retail price. I can't count how many hours I've spent calling stores and going to stores to try to get my nephews one of these (as well as all the time my sister put into trying to get one). My nephews would have been happy to have one and not worried about how "overhyped" it is and definitely would not have been bored with the games. I'm sure there are plenty of other youngsters out there who are in the same boat. Be happy you have one.

16. Atlasland macrumors 6502

17. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    In reference to whom?

18. 0s and 1s macrumors 6502a

0s and 1s

[​IMG]

You had close to a month to research, so why didn't you?

19. risc macrumors 68030

risc

I think it is completely obvious to everyone on this forum that the only fanboys here are Nintendo ones. ;)

BRING ON YOUR FLAMES! I really don't care anymore, I've completely had it with seeing stuff about the Revolution in every gaming thread on this forum! Why is it that you Nintendo fans remind me of Linux zealots?

20. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

it's mediocre because you bought mediocre games, go get call of duty 2 and perfect dark zero.

21. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I dont know where this idea that launch title games have to be terrible came from. I bought a gamecube with Rogue Leader and Smash Bros Melee. I still play those, they compare easily to later Cube games still. Ditto with my original Xbox, I absolutely love my Halo 1. Pretty sure Panzer Dragoon Orta and Serious Sam were either launch/very early titles. Loaded and Tekken for the PS1? GBA and DS had mediocre launch titles but within a few months both systems had the big hitters (Golden Sun, Advance Wars, Nintendogs, Ectoplank-whatever)
    It only seems to be the PS2 and 360 that had bad launch titles. its nowt to do with Sony or Microsoft but the developers.

22. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

i played PDZ and well i can say that Rare should well go the wayside, they are not the company they used to be, for obvious reasons. I miss the original perfect dark and goldeneye, those were good games. PDZ well just boring.

23. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I had a play on that on my mate Chris's 360. funny, he walked away from Game with a 360 and a Gameboy Micro :D . Its not like the first Rare shooters at all. I find it similar to James Bond games. Goldeneye being the best, the rest just being tripe. I know fans like to see sequels of games but I think theres a responsibility on the developers to say "you know what, we couldn't surpass the original if we tried". Maybe i'm just a sucker for original games.

24. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

2 words

Halo 3.

You can preorder it at FYE(atleast your can at the one near me:p )

25. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I'm not the Nintendo fan that everybody is here - I've more or less been a Playstation user since 1995....

I haven't really liked any of the 360 games yet except Call of Duty 2, which I'll be getting for PS2 - or possibly wait till the Mac port arrives (whenever that is, I'm not in a hurry).

If the Revolution turns out to be a big seller I predict that it will steal sales from the 360 but not so much the PS 3.