xbox 360 to ACD?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by twoodcc, Apr 4, 2007.

1. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

is there any way to hook up a xbox 360 to an apple display? 23 or 30"?

2. Super Macho Man macrumors 6502a

Super Macho Man

If you don't have a 360 w/ HDMI output, you'd need a component -> DVI converter, and those aren't cheap. Probably $150 & up although I haven't priced them lately. I don't know if it would work with the 30" because no converter I know of supports dual-link DVI and I don't know if that model ACD can sync at lower resolutions.

3. STYF macrumors member

Can you not just use the 360 vga cable then a VGA-DVI adapter? which are dirt cheap

4. island macrumors 6502

island

The VGA to DVI adapter doesn't work like that. The signal from the VGA isn't one to easily be converted. You need to purchase a special box to switch it to DVI for the ACD to understand and display. If you search google you will see alot of people asking about it and the hardware required. Be prepaired to spend over $175 on the converter box.

5. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

6. almightyshoe macrumors regular

Yeah, for that price, you might be better off buying a Dell monitor that supports A/V inputs. But if you're going to do drop 200 either way, I recommend saving up and buying a small Samsung TV for 200 more; you can still set it up on your desk but you'll get your component quality signal and better sound. Size shouldn't be too much of an issue when you're 14 inches away from the screen.

7. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

but i gotta have 1080p resolution.....any link to this Samsung TV?

8. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

9. Super Macho Man macrumors 6502a

Super Macho Man

You are probably not going to be able to easily tell the difference between 1080p downscaled to some slightly lower resolution (like 1680x1050) and real 1080p on a computer monitor. Both would look fantastic.

You can get true 1080p, but it will cost you. Best route to go would be a real 1080p LCD HDTV. Otherwise, second best route to go would be to use the component outputs and get a Dell monitor with component inputs.

10. JHacker macrumors 6502

JHacker

The new EyeTV Hybrid has an input for video games - if this were connected to an ACD, would it be an HD image?

11. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

No..it would be 480i...composite only support 480i