Xbox 360 to Apple Cinema Display?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Viking Quest, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Viking Quest macrumors member

Jun 28, 2006
    Can you hook up an Xbox 360 to Apple Cinema Displays via VGA connection?
  2. i0Nic macrumors 65816

May 17, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Short answer: no.
  3. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

May 8, 2004
    I Live Where I Live
    long answer if you wanna spend roughly 300 dollars than yes
  4. Viking Quest thread starter macrumors member

Jun 28, 2006

I'm a Mac-Fanboy so don't get me wrong, but why can't Mac catch up with Dell in the LCD monitors? Dell's have component and VGA inputs making theirs much more diverse.... not to mention they are cheaper.
  5. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Aug 5, 2006
    In the Depths of the SLC!
    Wait, ok, can't you jus get a DVI to VGA adapter for the Display direct from Apple, then go to best buy and get the 360 to VGA connector, now this only applies to the Xbox 360, I dunno about the original, a friend and I are having probs of our own about that. But overall, you would pay about 60 bucks, but I find that it would be better to jus spend the 300, cuz you would be able to use more connections, and be able to switch between them, and would not have to disconnect, and reconnect the cables over and over again.
  6. Josias macrumors 68000

Mar 10, 2006
    Now, there has been more than 25 threads asking this particualr question, and I give the same answer as always! NO!

Though there has been made a $350 adapter set, it has not been proven to work, and I doubt it, since VGA simplay can't be converted into DVI-D or DVI-I. It's like transitioning FW400 into FW800. Impossible. So just get it, you can't...:)