xBox 360 UK price

Discussion in 'Games' started by combatcolin, May 29, 2005.

1. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

www.play.com

£400!

My ARSE!

I am, however, expecting this to be a "unconfirmed" price and later on it will drop.

The xBox did not sell well in the UK at a high price point, when the price was dropped from if i remember £300 to £200 the sales started to happen.

On a related note, what is happening to xBox live? Been playing WOW for the past few months and loged back in as i fancied some Sparten action and its all over the place.

WIll not be renewing my sub, as play system link Halo more than on line.

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

wouldn't surprise me. US things always cost us brits more, its never a true conversion but hey american companies leech of us guys. Apple included.

im never going to spend more than £200 on a console. and most people i know wouldnt either. good luck Xbox!

3. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

seeing as M$ said about the same US price as the xbox launched at ($300) i thought it would be about £200 ($300=£160 + £40 we are british so lets rip them off tax) if it's anything more than £250 i'm waiting untill halo 3 comes out to buy one, otherwise i'm camping outside HMV.

4. combatcolin thread starter macrumors 68020

combatcolin

True.

Without Halo the appeal of the xBox 360 is limited.

5. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

IMO Halo 2 was more like Halo 1.5. The single player campaign was (again) repetitive with a few good sequences. But anyway...
    £400 is WAY too much. Personally I'm going to wait for both to be out, to let MS and Sony have a price war, and probably buy when the Price inevitably reduces to around £200. I will also be able to buy the better of the two! (By game lineup mostly)

6. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

being a big perfect dark fan the xbox 360's launch line up is not completely boring.

7. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Maybe with the hard drive included it might cost that much, but base model?...wow.

8. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Be warned that after Microsoft bought Rare, everyone at Rare quit. Perfect Dark Zero is now being made by Microsoft completely. Look what they did with Halo 2.

So far it's shaping up to be really bad, sadly :( at least graphics wise.
    Here's some shots.

http://www.1up.com/do/media?cId=3138147

Various reactions from various boards:
    http://forums.gaming-age.com/showthread.php?t=47011&page=1&pp=50
    http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=345028

Yeah, that last one is the XBox boards, sadly.

9. combatcolin thread starter macrumors 68020

combatcolin

In the blurb it mentions the hard drive as an extra.

The Saturn retailed at £400 and look what happened there.

To be honest i was looking for the prices on the update disc for Halo2 when i noticed the tab for xBox 360 and clicked out of intrest.

10. takao macrumors 68040

takao

ohh the console where i always liked the tv ads but never seen in personal... not a single one ;)

400 pounds thats what ? 579 € ? god that would be 100 € more than original retail price of the xbox where it was lying on the shelves liek it was weighting 100 kilos

any console will go under like a stone in the water if they launch at 500€ etc. that would be simply ignoring their core markets (teenagers with limited money)

i seriously doubt that micrsoft will put out another "get marketshare whiel losing money" console ...