Xbox 360 Warranty Extended!

Discussion in 'Games' started by pdpfilms, Dec 29, 2006.

1. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Good news for all Xbox 360 owners:

2. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

Good news indeed, except my year runs out in a about a week. I think I bought my 360 January 7th, but I haven't had a single problem yet, so I'm not too worried.

3. erickkoch macrumors 6502a

I don't think it's all that great. M$ should have given a one year warrenty in the first place. One year is standard for most things anyway. I think the original 90 warrenty was pretty cheap.

My Xbox360 broke earlier this month, a little less than a year after I bought it. They sent me a brand new one for free.

4. pdpfilms thread starter macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Oh, I fully agree. What impresses me though is that they're sending checks to everyone who had a repair. It would be very easy for them to have said "All Xboxes sold from here on out have a 1 year warranty, sorry early adopters". I wouldn't have expected this.

5. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

This really isn't the first time they've extended the warranty... my launch day 360 died just after the original 90-day warranty, and they told me they were extending the warranty for all original 360s, so mine was replaced free of charge. This new announcement just formalizes a policy that's pretty much been in place.

The automatic refunds is a nice thing for them to do.

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Isnt there a free out of warranty repair program for all users who bought their machines in launch period.

You may qualify anyway I know I do if anything goes wrong.

7. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I wonder if they will still let me buy the extended warranty, I missed the window originally, I would be willing to pay the $60 or so dollars to extend the warranty an extra couple of years. Guess I could shoot them an email and find out.

8. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

I'm curious to how this affects those who have already bought the extended warranty. I bought the 2 year warranty. It began when the original warranty ended. But it gives me an end date. That ends less than 3 years from the purchase of my 360. Would it now give me 3 years total? The one year standard plus the 2 years I bought?

9. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

10. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

I love to hate Microsoft as much as the next guy, but the great service they're giving for the 360 makes me want to buy one out of principal as much as out of gaming...

Good job microsoft. How very apple of you! :D