Xbox 360, Wii Lead Holiday Sales

Discussion in 'Games' started by MRU, Jan 2, 2007.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

New article over on IGN that I thought was interesting since some of the posts recently were talking about sales fingures.

All we have to do is wait and see how they did in Europe and we should have a more realistic stand on how the three consoles have/are selling.

The 360 must certainly be over 10 millions now though.

2. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

I always thought Sony shot themselves in the foot with the PS3 (price point mostly). To me they seemed a little arrogant to put the price that high. They may keep their dedicated fan base, but to a new buyer like me they've completely lost my interest.

After not being able to keep up PC games, I've decided to switch to a console system. I'm tired of waiting for PC games to drop in price to play them and renting a game for a week sounds like a better way to go.

Now I'm choosing between the wii and the 360 (leaning toward 360 though).

3. LastLine macrumors 65816

Well if you like the PC games (FPS type ones in particular) then yeah, the 360's probably for you :) The wii's a fun console but as a lot of people say, it's yet to prove where it'll sit in the market really.

4. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Sony missed a good Christmas. Wii was top of all the sales charts here, Xbox 360 the year before and coming very high in this list. PS3? Missed 2 Christmasses. Good going.

Nintendo have it right in the UK. Even the DS Lite was sold out in a few shops here.
    Microsoft let me down this Christmas. They were up against the Wii and I didn't see any adverts telling me to go buy one. A damn shame for a good machine.

6. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I need to point out that the PS2 outsold the X360 this season. ;)

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=32366

My friend at GameCrazy, said that on average, his store sold about one X360 a day, where as they sold about three PS2s in the same time frame.

The DS Lite was the clear winner. If the Wii were able to ship as many as the DS, chances are it would've sold as much. My friend said that Nintendo anythig was their biggest seller this season.

<]=)

Playing FPS or PC type games with a thumb-twiddling contoller. No thanks, I'll pass on that gimped form of control. I've been gaming on my PCs since the mid eigties. (OK, back then it was my brother's PC.) Controls which were designed for 3D platformers, are a really poor substitute for games that were origiinally designed around a mouse and keyboard setup. :)

The Wii has proven its place and that's for gaming that's actually fun and fresh. FPS, PC games, or any type of game that needs mouse precion and pointing, like a RTS, can be accommodated nicely with the Wii's control setup.

<]=)

7. ldkaplan macrumors regular

ldkaplan

Oddly enough, I saw a few middle aged women buying the PS2, Dance Dance Revolution and the dance pad.

Basically, a $200 workout machine.