Xbox 360 will outperform PS3!

Discussion in 'Games' started by kucchi, Jun 11, 2005.

1. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

I think that we're going to be hearing a lot more of this kind of thing until they are both released and we can all see for ourselves which is better. ATI bashing nVidia, nVidia bashing ATI. It's all par for the course really isn't it.

2. takao macrumors 68040

takao

i second that...that kidna explains why he doesn'T said a word about the revolution gpu ;) because it's ati as well

3. biohazard6969 macrumors 6502a

biohazard6969

are the revolution specs final? or are they just rumor?

4. takao macrumors 68040

takao

rumor but it's final that the'll have an ati gpu

5. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

wow a console will have better specs that an opponents does that mean that console is better? Hell no! gameplay is what matters, if you care all about the specs and visuals from a game then go watch a CG movie, like Wonderful Days or the new Appleseed movie. but if you want to have fun playing games go for the system that has the most gameplay value. which in my opinion is Nintendo

6. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

here here my friend.

7. SurfAddict macrumors member

SurfAddict

Hmm I do believe I pointed out why I felt the 360 was in fact going to be more powerful than the ps3, because lately ati has just been a better gfx chip designer. But aside from that I give that article no credibility when I went on gamespot and saw that headline last night I was like whoa! Thought maybe some the got the two to agree to some benchmarks but I read the article and it was like the ati president saying it. Of course hes going to say his design is better than his competitors I mean like I said when I was a little kid...DUH!

8. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

9. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

really, I don't care who outperforms whom. History in console gaming has tought us that console gaming is not a matter of the best... but the survival of the most supported.

Remember PSX? It stood against competition, even though it had minor system specs if compared to other platforms like N64 or DreamCast. When PS2 came out, we all thought that Microsoft's xBox would win in terms of market share, but that didn't happen.

Sony will have more titles. And more developers ready to push the console's capabilities to its limit. That didn't happen with the xBox, as the the titles that really take advantage of the console's capabilities are 10-20 in total. Halo 2 is a shiny example, but that's it.

How many titles in PS2 push the console's capabilities to the limit? When compared to the ones in PS2, the number very big.

So, I don't care which console is faster. I only care which console is BETTER, which is a totally different matter.

10. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Honestly, I wouldn't take an ATi officials' word as fact.
    Especially when NVidia hasn't even released the specs of their card yet.

11. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

we did??? o_O i didn't i know that for sure, i have played an Xbox maybe 5-6 times a PS2 maybe 10 times. and will only own a Nintendo. so might want to change that there a bit.

and i thought the dreamcast and the N64 were both better than PSX, hell dreamcast was friggen awesome. and N64 had mario 64, star fox, goldeneye, Zelda: OoT, etc. etc.

12. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

Yes, nintendo's and sega's consoles were better. But who prevailed in the end? PSX.

13. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

I am inclined to go with the ATI guys on this one. I like ATI cards already, but programmable pipelines represent an amazing use of a new technology.

This, IMO, means that 3-4 years from now every Xbox360 game won't look exactly the same. The developer has the choice to go with insane textures/lighting on a few characters or decent textures/lighting on a ton of characters. In other words, the xbox will "scale" far better than the PS3.

My question is, are they reprogrammable on the fly? If so, then M$ has one heck of a machine on their hands. I, for one, can't wait to get my greasy little mits on one. Although, I have this feeling that I'll end up with a Revolution and a PS3 as well.... Ahhh, the life of a gamer ;)

14. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Remember; NVidia has NOT unveiled the specs of the RSX yet. So there is no way the ATi guy can know which is more powerful.

15. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Regardless of which is "more powerful," I think the first generation of games will look relatively similar. They're mostly going to be from 3rd party developers and when they port code over, sure they'll optimize it for one platform or another. But I really don't see them radically changing for each system.
    -Kevin

16. 1macker1 macrumors 65816

1macker1

I agree, Ithink it'll take a year or so for developers to really get the actual "NEXT GEN" looking games out.

17. Silver Apple macrumors newbie

18. Manzana macrumors 6502a

Manzana

the xbox is more powerful than ps2 now

does it matter? i play with both and i prefer ps2...just because i play it more. it's all about the software here, and it won't change when we have xbox 360 and ps3. hell, some people could care less and use nintendo.

so...when we're able to run linux and compare both boxes side to side then we'll see who's king!

19. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

But who really cares, apart from fanboys?

Each of the new consoles will be plenty powerful enough to wow us. As always, the first gen games will look a bit better than current consoles can do. Once developers have gotten to understand the systems, we will see 2nd and 3rd gen titles that will rock our world. On all three platforms.

It all comes down to the games, anyway. I have no doubt that there willl be enough exclusive content for each system that I'll end up with all three, just like this time.

20. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

and to think i never have owned a playstation and never will, because in my opinion they have nothing.

and anyways every single sony product i have ever owned has broken within 2 months, but Bose, nintendo, apple, yamaha products haven't. go figure....

21. acedickson macrumors 6502a

acedickson

I'm surprised that you've had problems with Sony products. Every Sony product I've owned has been awesome. 2 Sony TV's, PS One & 2, 2 DVD players, digital camera, digital video camera. I've never had a problem out of one of them. In fact my daughter dropped the digital camera in the tub about 2-2 1/2 years ago and to this day it still works fine. Although, it didn't work for the a day or two after.

22. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

I've had mixed. My camera is good (for an old camera), my PS1 worked fine, my PS2 is a piece of junk that breaks constantly despite good care, and my really nice sony monitor I paid a lot for is a piece of junk after only a couple years, with the entire screen looking more green than anything else and tons of lines through it. The monitor being used is over three times as old and works perfectly.

As for the consoles, as people have said, it all depends on how supported they are and which has better games. If someone would give me for free either a PS1 and all the games ever made for it or a NES and all the games ever made for it, I'd take the NES and never look back, despite the obvious differences in capabilities.

23. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I think Sony has learned from its design flaw in the PS2 and will make it much stronger and durable...

Speaking of durable anyone remember the XPLAY episode that they destroyed consoles to see which was stronger...my little cube prevailed :)

24. Jopling macrumors 6502

Sony Products Break

80% of ps2's purchased were models that were to replace broken ps2's. The guy who works in EB also told me that some people have had to buy as many as 4-5 ps2's because their's always break. I know in the past week 2 of my friends have both had their lasers in their ps2s crap out on them. Xbox isn't much better either. The same thing happened with a friend's Xbox.