xbox 360 wireless headset ?

Discussion in 'Games' started by MRU, Mar 13, 2007.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Is it bluetooth ?

I'm looking for a wireless headset that will work both in my 360 & ps3 (kill two birds with one stone).

2. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Good question.

Here is a link to the instruction manual: Link

No mention of bluetooth except that some bluetooth devices can interfere with it ( troubleshooting section).

3. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

4. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

It's not Bluetooth, it uses the same proprietary frequency that the 360 controllers use. Microsoft won't open it up to third-part companies, this only bothers me for Guitar Hero II as it won't have a wireless guitar (at least not initally).

Even if it was BlueTooth, I would think it would be a hassle to try to use it with both systems. You would have to re-sync each time you switched systems.

I have the 360 headset and it is quite nice. It is much louder than the wired ones and I completely forget about it once I have it on. What's great is I can put the controller down, go into the kitchen and grap a drink and still keep talking to my friends while we are waiting for a game to start.

5. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ Yeah the wired one is a pain. I'm constantly getting tangled :)
    I have tried the 360 wireless one at a friends and it felt great, not too imposing like you have somthing jammed on your head.

I'll pick up the wireless one anyway - but now to decide on a BT headset for the ps3. Most of them for me are too heavy and clumbersome (BT headsets)

Anyone got any recomendations for a light - easy wearing one ?

6. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

You could always wait for the iPhone one ^_^

7. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

When I played Resistance on my friends PS3 I was really shocked in the lack of people who were talking. Maybe it has changed since then, it was a couple months ago, but there were like 25 people in the game and I didn't hear a single voice. We used my Bluetooth headset I bought with my phone, it sync'd up fine but we had no one to talk to. I hope it has improved since then.

8. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Last time I tried - not really.

The lack of an official headset - released with the console (or bundled with) really means most people simply dont bother.

Know lack of people talking is both a good and bad thing. Less chance of lag as bandwith isnt being eaten up, and an end to trash talk and those morons who like to sing (OUT OF TUNE)...

But on the other hand without talk it means team battles are less 'teamy'.

9. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Ahah. I'll drink to that. But I will put up with that any day over the "heavy breathers". It's kind of disturbing. :D

10. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

I love that ability...I got mine for $5 when some genius at walmart labeled it as a xbox1 headset for their clearance shelf

11. gmr04 macrumors newbie

I wouldn't be bragging about that. The fact that you did it knowingly is called fraud. Not trying to judge or anything, its just something to heed next time you see something marked incorrectly.

12. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

Its not fraud if its labeled as such. It would be fraud on wlamarts side if they did not honor their labeled price no matter if they goofed or not.:p

and no I don't feel guilty because walmart did not get their markup margin on my purchase but I have a feeling they have made it up since.;)