Xbox 360 Wireless Question

Discussion in 'Games' started by robotrenegade, Dec 22, 2005.

1. robotrenegade macrumors 6502a

My girlfriend went to buy me the wireless apt for my xbox. A "Geek Squad" member told her that it wouldn't work with my apple branded basestation. Any ideas?

2. mkubal macrumors 6502a

I don't have a 360 so I don't have any first hand experience, but I would find it strange if it didn't work. Unless Microsoft has invented some strange standard for wireless that can only be used on non Apple hardware.

3. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

It will work just fine, go buy it and use it. I have an XBox (not a 360) with the wireless adapter and have no problems connecting it to my airport extreme base station.

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Ok they are a moron if they said that.

I have an Xbox 360 with the wireless adapter connected to my Aiport Express BaseStation. It works perfectly with no setting up or anything.Just left the settings on auto and everything was rosy.

5. robotrenegade thread starter macrumors 6502a

6. munchmime macrumors member

Supported, unsupported, incompatible routers?

But just because it's not on the "support" list doesn't mean it won't work.
    There are hundreds of things we use with our macs that apple doesn't support, and they work fine. Especially things like RAM.

also to note, apple isn't listen on the incompatible routers section either.
    so then, perhaps it is compatible, and just not supported by M$????

I don't have a 360 (my xbox works with amy airport), but a friend at work has a 360, and uses his airport extreme for xbox live.

-Munch