XBOX 360: Worth It?

Discussion in 'Games' started by AppleGuy08, Jul 9, 2006.

1. AppleGuy08 macrumors 6502

AppleGuy08

Hey all. For me, for the next 3 weeks, all im going to see are paydays.200 from my job, maybe 150 from a neighboor, and some more from books i am selling. Im very interested in getting a 360. Are they worth it?

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Yes they are....online service is a must....nuff said.

Bless

3. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

Only if Battlefront 3 comes out only for 360

Thats about it

I loves me some Star Wars Battlefront

4. coffey7 macrumors 6502a

coffey7

I have one and the only games I played so far are Oblivion and halo2 online. I'm having a blast. I have had zero problems so far after 8 months. Oblivion is so big and vast I have played 80 hours and i still have like 300 to go.

5. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Definitely. I love my Xbox 360 – excellent graphics, good online play, pretty good games, an lots of interesting titles coming up.

6. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

I think that the Xbox 360 is worth it's price tag. :)

7. Electro Funk macrumors 65816

Electro Funk

i have never been a gamer.... and now i cant stop playing my 360 on my HD DLP! :D

Agreed 100% and pay extra for the premium version it is well worth it...

8. t1rider321 macrumors regular

i love mine
    and oblivion will take over your life

9. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Hell, if you ask me, its worth it just for the Uno Live game! :p

My friend brought over his 360, and I was playing that. All. Night. Long. :D

10. coffey7 macrumors 6502a

coffey7

Xbox live is great. Playing halo2 vs people from all over is cool.

11. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Don't need a 360 for that. Reminds me of today's CubeToons.
    [​IMG]

12. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Yes, I think it is worth it.

Re: CubeToons: That is funny, I wonder how many 360 owners are doing that... a good percentage I'd guess! heh.

13. benyaimin macrumors member

its amazing, especially some great games such as Ghost Recon and Call of Duty 2. If you have a HDTV its even better. You could also do what I did and get a VGA cable. I bought a 20" flatscreen CRT and it's amazing. Sure, not as big as an HDTV, but I'm not that rich...

14. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'd say not yet. my bro has one, fun to play but nothing has me yet. the online side is great though, just for the achievements alone. though it really is quite a shallow reason to play for, I consider it the lowest form of attempted gaming addiction. I'd say I'm above it but as soon as I get a 360 I'm going to try and boost them gamer points alright. but only for a short bit :p

I wait for a price drop.

15. benyaimin macrumors member

from what i hear thats a long ways away

16. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

then it's a long way away until MS get my money :) I'm really in no rush. just waiting for that killer app.

17. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

True, spending the extra cash for the premium version is well worth the price. :)

18. GhostFace macrumors member

19. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

the 360 is worth it. i think a better question would be if the PS3 is worth a $600 price tag. To which most everyone would respond, myself included, NO!

20. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

G.R.A.W and Need for Speed are the two that have help my attention for the most time so far. I have played a bunch of the games so far such as PGR3, Kameo, Top Spin 2, CoD2, Condemned, Oblivion, Fight Night, Perfect Dark. Oblivion is amazing, but I don't play it all the time because I don't want to get addicted to it. :)

The best looking I think are Fight Night and G.R.A.W., those two you want to show off to friends.

And the gamerscore points are very addictive. I am always comparing my games to my friends to see what achievements they have earned. It also leads me to areas or challenges in games I wouldn't think of doing before.

21. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

Top Spin 2 on the 360 looks like one of the best tennis games available out there...

22. benyaimin macrumors member

I played the demo for that. I don't even like tennis and it was great.

23. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I loved the original Top Spin for XBox. I was very excited for this one, and i have to admit I am a quite a bit let down. The graphics don't look that much better than the first. They could have worked a little more on the multiplayer, it is basically exactly like the first one. The career is good in this one, I like the training and that you have to build up your player to a certain rank to play in tournaments. The game play is tighter, but I find the risk shots easier to pull of in the first, I cannot for the life of me do one during a match in this one. The added special shots are good and come in handy, making your momentum meter actually matter.

Overall, it is an ok game, feels a bit rushed at times.

One thing that really annoys me about it is that when you start it up, it takes you to a screen where the only option is to press start, then it has to load again to the next screen where you can choose exibition, career, multiplayer, etc. I don't see why they had that first screen to only have you load again for 10 seconds to go to the real first menu.

24. Cobrien macrumors member

A price drop that is.

Amazon.co.uk has recently dropped the price of a core console by £30 to £199.
    Thats about $55 off to $375 (I think)

Its definitely worth it as long as you go online and get Ghost Recon and Topspin 2.