Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Games' started by carpe diem, Oct 7, 2005.

1. carpe diem macrumors 6502

Is it wrong to buy a Xbox 360 if i use mac's? I dont hate microsoft i just dislike there monopolistic nature.
    Thank You

P.S. What is the 360 for?

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

its a reference to the business side of things. its called 360 because it costs so much at launch that nobody will buy it until its starting to lose M$ money, just like the original Xbox. 360; its back to where it started.

/this is a joke message. do not take seriously. i repeat do NO-OH GOD THERES A CHICKEN ON MY HEAD!

3. risc macrumors 68030

risc

Why would you care what anyone thinks? Do you want a 360? If so buy one!

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

yea dammit! if it was tested on animals then we'd have to give you the moral shout-at but as far as i can tell its safe... for now.

5. cubist macrumors 68020

I suppose if people buy enough game consoles, it will keep IBM in the chip business, so they'll be ready when Apple realizes that the Intel change was a horrible mistake.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

i've never understood the bad side of switching to intel. other than the tradition of PPC. meh this thread probably isn't the place to talk about this!

7. lfielder06 Guest

The 360 is because they felt that if stupid people compared the Xbox 2 or Next to the Playstation 3 they would say to themselves, "3 is more than 2 so it must be better."

I think it is a good marketing move as parents purchasing a video game system for their children are dumb as rocks when it comes to a good, informed decision.

8. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Yes it is wrong. Not because you own a Mac, but because the 360 is ****.

9. saunders45 macrumors 6502a

saunders45

[sarcastic] As opposed to the PS3, which is a gift from the gods. Boomerang controllers are the way of the future, well for those with small hands [/sarcastic]

No way dude. Just buy whatever system has the games you like. You want shooters and online play, get a 360. You want Japanese RPG's and GTA 111, get a PS3. You want platformers and mario, get a Revolution.

10. katchow macrumors 6502

i always thought the xbox had a nice range of non-traditional rpg's too.

BTW, i think your sarcasm was directed a nintendo fanboy.

11. Verto macrumors 6502a

Verto

When I get a console, it's going to be the Xbox 360. I feel, after reading the articles on the subject, that the 360 is better designed to handle superior graphics when compared to Sony and Nintendo, and that Microsoft has taken sufficient measures to ensure that developers create games that take full advantage of the system's capabilities. Xbox Live is an established online gaming network by which others are measured; it is easy to use and more importantly, reliable. I don't really care for what I consider to be gimmicks, which Live has plenty of, but I do like the steps taken so that developers can release updates and more importantly, mods, which helps to even the playing field between consoles and PCs.

Oh, and Xbox360 will have TESIV: Oblivion; Sony and Nintendo will not. 'nuff said.

12. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

What's with all the anti 360 on this site all the time? Sure, it's a Microsoft product, but come on- its a video game system, not a pc. Get over it!

That being said, I already have a 360 and a few games paid off. I think the games look great and no one can question how awesome Xbox Live is.

Will I be getting a PS3? Hell no. Sure, it MAY be more powerful, but I have been honestly let down with both the PS1 and the PS2. I just don' care for playstation games. There always seems to be quantity over quality.

In this generation, my Xbox totally one. Hardly ever played the PS2.

It's all a matter of opinion and preference. Some people like certain games and whatnot that others don't. And some people have their head so far up Sony's ass it isn' even funny. Am I a Microsoft fanboy? Hell no, I hate all things Microsoft- in the PC world. In terms of gaming consoles, Microsoft definately won me over.

13. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Well, seeing as Sony have become to consoles what M$ are to computers, I'd say it's OK. Plus, it does seem a pretty nice machine, and pretty honest this time (can't say the same of the PS3)

The 360 is because calling it the XBox 2 isn't good enough, as XBox 2 sounds worse than PS3 :rolleyes: Or so J Wellard says

14. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

this thread is a joy

LIEK ZOMG! I MST GET TAT! OMG!

1 single game alone will not decide which machine i get. and i can probably guess most people here too.

thats funny, looking at my Cube library of around 11 games I see... 2 platformers. Sunshine and Viewtiful Joe (which was later ported to other systems too). hello mr. misinformed. its hard to pigeonhole Nintendo because they release games for all ages with all genres.

just curious though to see the PS3 and Xbox fans fighting. aren't they basically the same system anyways? only that Sony lost all its biggest franchises (speaking Resident Evil, GTA, FF and MGS here). hmm.

15. MrSugar macrumors 6502a

MrSugar

I will own the revolution and the ps3.

I will die before the 360 touches my TV set, hahaha

this should be good fun to get all those 360 fan boys bubbling over the top

16. katchow macrumors 6502

it amazes me how melodramatic people get over their video games.

17. Verto macrumors 6502a

Verto

It's called humor. Maybe you can find a freeware version of it to download.

18. iArtificialLife macrumors member

mmmmm......
    I hate to say it......but Bill Gates licensed humor. I think there is a shareware version somewhere on the Internet,But it is best you pick it up from Compusa.I think it is called "Another piece of crappy software to make me more money!', but i am not sure.

19. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada

I didn't know is was out yet

I havn't seen it anywhere

how did you get it already?

20. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

ah sorry, you cant be too sure in console threads. if people chose gaming machines off how they look then i can only assume they do the same about 1 single game. ho hum

21. Verto macrumors 6502a

Verto

Of course one single game isn't what I'm going to base my purchase on: we also have to take into consideration Halo 3.

;)

22. risc macrumors 68030

risc

Oh well I've bought consoles before for the sake of a single game.

Nintendogs on Nintendo DS
    Mario Kart Double Dash on GameCube

23. Cfg5 macrumors regular

I'm assuming he either A. has the money for it stashed away, or B. has pre-ordered it.

24. Catfish Jones macrumors member

I bought a PS2 followed by four games... then I bought an Xbox just to play Knights of the Old Republic. Since then I have bought an additional 20+ Xbox games and haven't touched my PS2.

The funny thing is... Xbox has got to be the one of the ugliest things in the electronics market -and- it's made by Microsoft. Yet niether of these occur to me while I'm playing some of the best games to-date. (Splinter Cell, Jade Empire, KotOR I & II come to mind)

I find console gaming a welcome change of mindset. When buying computer hardware/software it's all about monopoly this and open source that. It's nice to be able to shut my brain off and just be a mindless consumer.

25. DrNeroCF macrumors 6502

If it stops you from getting a PC for gaming, then I say do it. Hell, you know how much money you'd be making M$ lose!? Just don't forget to get a Revolution later on when it comes out, cause it's gonna be insane cool.