XBox/Deltona Mass Murders

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rockandrule, Jul 25, 2006.

1. rockandrule macrumors 6502

I hate to call the atrocities that took place in my town anything remotely like the "XBox Murders" but that seems like it might ring a bell with those who are outside of Florida. As some of you may know, verdicts came out today in the case of Jarone Hunter, Michael Salas, and Troy Victorino vs. the State of Florida for the murder of 6 people and one dog on Telford Lane, Deltona, FL. As a long resident of Deltona, FL and knowing very well of two of the defendants (Hunter and Salas) and two of the victims (Gleason and Nathan) I am just beyond content with what was handed down today. All three of the defendents (the fourth defendent entered a plea, which he backed out on, but it seems like the prosectution is going to keep him at life in prison with no chance of parole) were found guilty of six counts of first degree felony murder and each were handed guilty verdicts on indictments of mutulating dead persons, breaking and entering, robbery, and animal cruelty (they also killed the dog in the house). The penalty phase will begin later today and although I have been through many Death Penalty debates through my ethics courses, I hope to God that these three men will recieve the Death Penalty. There's just so much pent up emotion in me right now that I do not know what to do. I am just so glad that these men will be receiving punishment for their actions. And I hope to God that the judge and jury in St. Augustine, FL do not fall into the BS allegations that Salas and Victorino are insane. They tried it with Hunter before the trial and were turned down.

As I look back on this whole situation it just kills me what the news keeps saying; the idea that these "boys" were possibly transfixed by the older Victorino. I cannot be more against this idea. I knew both Michael Salas and Jerone Hunter very well from school. Jarone was an incredibly strong young man. He was also a hot head. One day he jumped a kid and knocked him unconscious, but continued to slam his head into the ground. Of course, he was not expelled though, because the kid would not press charges because he was scared, nor would the school because he was quite an asset to our football team. As for Salas, I had many run ins with him. Always ending up with him threatening my life. These guys were quite intimidating, but I never figured that they would ever brutally murder and mutilate six people, let alone anyone I knew.

I do not really know where I am going with this. I just hope that some other people will post their responses to the trials findings and read up on what happened in little ol' Deltona, FL.

Thank you.

Please read the various links at the bottom of this link for more information on the whole ordeal:

WESH Channel 2 News

2. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Personally, while I think the death penalty is a great thing, I think these guys deserve to be sent to a federal pound-me-in-the-ass-prison for the rest of their lifes to get repaed and beaten every day.

3. rockandrule thread starter macrumors 6502

I wish they would allow anyone effected by the murders to do as they wish to them. Kill them the way that they killed their victims. Kicking and screaming, begging for life.

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Our society doesn't work like that and I'm very happy it doesn't.

5. rockandrule thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh, I certainly agree with you wholeheartedly, but hopefully we'll see an eye for an eye and these men will be put to death.

6. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

I really do need to quote batman's long line he says to Dr. Leslie in War Crimes after she *spoiler* withheld treatment for Spoiler AKA Stephanie Brown stating that Batman could kill if he wanted to but what would it prove. Throwing another dead body on the pile does no good. Just because you kill someone or in this case use the death penalty does not scare people into not killing.

I will read that conversation again and post it here later.

People could learn a lot from reading comics here

7. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Deltucky (Deltona's other name) never seems too civilised but it's an inexpensive place to live.

You have to wonder why someone would kick out Troy Victorino when he was such a charming person. I doubt they'd done it for his xbox. I imagine he'd cost them more than the xbox and the clothes, etc. that were left there.

It's too bad that abortion doesn't work after the fact.

8. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    PFT! So says YOU!

I was aborted just last week.

9. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It's been finished today. Two life sentences and two death sentences.