Xbox died out of the box!

Discussion in 'Games' started by AndyR, Jan 19, 2007.

1. AndyR macrumors 6502a

AndyR

Finally decided to get a 360 yesterday and went for a Premium+GOW+RS:V bundle for £299. Picked it up and all looked good. Got it home, plugged it in to my nice new 37" HDTV and..........red light.....error 67!!

Couldn't beleive it. I reseated the HDD and it worked but turned it on again this morning and same thing.

Suffice to say its going back this weekend. NOT IMPRESSED! :mad:

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

The error ring. Please could you let us know how many quadrants are lit up and which one isnt.

Also have you tried the 360 without the HDD plugged in. This will help you isolate any issue.

You made sure there wasnt any of the clear sticky plastic covering any ports, check under the HDD.

Check that your AV cable is plugged into the machine properly, by taking it our and putting it back in again.

let us know how you get on.

If no luck, As it's new, take it back to the store and get them to swap it.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Don't be less than impressed. These things happen...even to Apple products.

That issue could be your HD TV. You should plug it in with the regular composite cables to ensure your TV isn't causing the issue. This is a known issue as far as I know--if I know it then lord knows more people do.
    My XBOX had the red light once when plugged into someone's tv. Turns out there was something wrong with their HD.

4. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I would reseat all the cables and try it without the harddrive. I loose AV cable will cause it to get that red lights as well. I would be very shocked if it didn't work right out of the box.

Don't get too worked up, at worst you can just take it back to where you got it and have it replaced. It really is a great system and don't let one bad one ruin your experience.

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Can testify to that. I've had more troubles with my powermac than any of my consoles. And once I drove for 4 hours to Dublin to pick up a mac mini, and 4 hours back. When I plugged it in it was DOA :eek:

Crap things happen, but investigate all before you take it back, it could be somthing simple. :)

6. kjr39 macrumors 6502

Unplug the HDD and turn it on.

I got one at Xmas that had the same error code. Ended up being a bad HDD. I returned it and got another one.

7. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Infant mortality can affect a small population of any electronic device.

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Unlucky. My brother managed to get to month 8 before he got red lights, my mate lasted a beautiful 10 months.

9. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Return it, return it....Sometimes we get the bad apple but don't let that cloud your grade of the system.

Bless

10. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

Same exact thing happened to me, it was indeed a bad HD. Just returned it for amother one, no harm, no foul.

11. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

and I complete the set... 9 months before its untimely death. RIP.

12. Coded-Dude macrumors 6502a

Coded-Dude

This is a common occurence on 360's though.....not rare at all.

13. AndyR thread starter macrumors 6502a

AndyR

Well after reseating the HDD this morning its worked fine. Have been power cyclng it about 10-15 times over the last 5 hours and its come up fine each time.

Hopefully it was a just a dodgy connection on the HDD. Am going to see how it goes as I can;t get to the store again till Sunday anyway so if it is fine till then I will take it as just me being a moron with seating the HDD, if not back it goes.

Have to say though, after 45mins on RS:V earlier.....WOW! Simply awesome! :D

14. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I guessed that was the problem.

I had a similar thing once when I went from vertical to horizontal.

I had to take off the drive and reseat it. After that back to normal.

Glad your enjoying your game. R6 Vegas - does indeed Rock :)

15. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Glad to hear it works. Sometimes the connection from the HDs can be rather funny. It happens sometimes, and I've seen people bring back their 360s, we resat the hard disk, and it worked perfectly. I guess they just need better shipping materials. :p Whatever happened to the days when consoles came in big foam blocks? :(