xbox doom3...WHEN!?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Ninja_Turtle, Jul 31, 2004.

1. Ninja_Turtle macrumors 6502

ok so by now youve heard that xbox is comming on august 3rd, but for PC, now the doom3.com site says august 3rd, and the gamespy site for xbox version says October 2004 for xbox...which is it? august 3rd or october? are they comming out simmultanious or what!?!?!?!? AAHHHHHHHHHH I NEED DOOM 3!!!!

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I heard that the Mac version is coming out before the Xbox version. I don't know how accurate that information is though.

3. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

Doom 3 will hit Xbox in October... I expect the mac version to come out after that personally.

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

October, you say? I had heard December. Personally I'm expecting the Mac version around September/October - id aren't too bad with regards to Mac versions.

5. applekid macrumors 68020

The X-Box Doom 3 video I saw from E3 was terribly choppy. I have to wonder if the X-Box will even be able to handle it.

6. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

Well, everywhere I've read says October for Xbox... but who knows, it could be pushed back (which is a good thing in a way if it's not ready). The reason I say I didn't expect the mac version until later is because they haven't started working on it, and they said they won't release the mac version until it is as polished as the PC version.

I really don't know how much code they're going to have to change between the mac version and the linux version though... probably more than I would think... (a little more complicated than the OpenGL classes I took :p )

7. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Actually, they have started working on it. There's quite a bit of code already written.

8. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

I just read an article online about the Xbox version... they're not sure if they can get it out by the end of the year since there is a lot more they would like to do... bummer.

9. Richter macrumors member

how much is id overseeing the XB port? hopefully Vicarious Visions wont screw it up too bad

10. applekid macrumors 68020

All the GBA games they've done have been top-notch. The X-Box version looked comparable to a decent PC, but like I said, the E3 video I saw was very choppy.

11. iMook macrumors regular

Doom 3 for Xbox will be available at Electronics Boutique (Briarwood Mall, Michigan, USA) on Wednesday (August 4). Why do I claim this? The salesman said so. In the same breath, he said the same for Rainbow Six 3 (for Xbox) WHILE he was sticking prices onto the Rainbow Six 3 game cases themselves (behind the counter). So, suffice it to say that my source seems rather reliable.

Personally, I'm waiting for the Halo 2 Collector's Edition. Or, maybe I'll just mod my Xbox and skip the whole spending-money step entirely. :D

Edit: Yes, teh Xbox hardware will be able to handle Doom 3 well. HardOCP has PC benchmarks for Doom 3 which indicate that the minimum requirements for Doom 3 are surprisingly low, and te requirmeents for running it admirably are much lower than expected.

12. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

Would you like to make a wager? LoL. :D

Are you sure you don't mean October 4th?

13. Richter macrumors member

14. SwitchingSoon macrumors regular

Another richter in the hizzzouse! I'm john richter...haha...not many richters where i'm from....

15. iMook macrumors regular

The salesperson I talked to possibly mistook the PC release date for the Xbox one, but hey, we'll see in two days.

The Xbox release date could very well be sometime in October.