Xbox Games: What's to look forward too and what's new?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Lincoln 6 Echo, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Lincoln 6 Echo macrumors member

Just wondering about games for the Xbox. How much longer will new games for Xbox keep being made? I'm just curious as I don't plan on getting a new console let alone a 360 or 2006-console for a while.

The more important question is, are there any quality/ highly-anticipated games coming out for Xbox? Sure games will come out but will there be any good quality ones I wonder?

3 games I remember hearing about, that I'm actually looking forward to are:

Tomb Raider: Legend
    Matrix: Path of Neo
    X3: Reunion

Any other games for Xbox I should keep an eye out for? Any one have a first-hand review of a recent game?

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'll look forward to Halo 3 if its as good as, or on par with Halo 1. if its anything like Halo 2 then Microsoft wont be having my money.

3. d_saum macrumors 6502

d_saum

Jimmi, He meant for xbox 1, not xbox 1.5. And yeah, Im with you! I enjoyed Halo1 wayyyyyy better than 2. (did you hear that halo 3 is going to be on 4 DVD's since M$ rushed the 360 out the door with no HD-DVD?)

Ok, back on topic... Yeah, check out BLACK for the xbox. That game looks like a next gen game but its for the original xbox. The trailers are unbelievable!!!!!! There are more but I gotta get back to work. lol.

4. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

I have a related question. When DOA4 comes out, would it only be for 360? or it will have an xbox version as well.
    If not, it would really suck.

5. Symtex macrumors 6502a

Black might be the only good xbox title left in developement. If you haven't played Phantom Dust yet, got get it. It's a very good game.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

in that case look out for Panzer Dragoon Orta. one of the most underrated, and supposedly rare games of this generation. It plays so beautifully. and everything that is non-gameplay is so mental and arty.

No :) I really can't think of any new Xbox games to look forward too. nothing on my list at least. the Xbox never really was my console.

7. 0s and 1s macrumors 6502a

0s and 1s

8. takao macrumors 68040

takao

yeah Black might be something to look forward to... at least from the small snippet i played from it

on the other side Path of Neo was rubbish but i played the ps2 versions in august.. so it might have improved since then

9. Lincoln 6 Echo thread starter macrumors member

Ahhhh damn, this may have been known for sometime but I just found out that X3:Reunion (Xbox) has been cancelled... @#$%@! geez, that's a bummer, I would have loved to get that game for Xbox. It was supposed to be way better than X2.

10. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

I'm having so much fun with my current 360 games and my Gamefly rentals, I haven't looked into the future yet.

From Russia With Love had a 360 version planned. Not sure if that is still going to happen.

Ghost Recon looks amazing. The original was great on the Xbox so high hopes for the 360.

Oblivion might be the biggest game of 2006, squishing even the mighty Halo.

I suspect that Xbox development in general will see a downturn with the 360 out.

11. anotherjeff macrumors regular

anotherjeff

I have to agree with some of the earlier posts. Black looks like it'll be the last big hurrah for the xbox. Of course I still like picking up old games for $5 on ebay from time to time. I'll just sit and wait for the xbox to add HD dvd capability before I upgrade to it, that and hopefully the silly price will go down.

12. Lincoln 6 Echo thread starter macrumors member

^ I dunno about Black anymore. You got my hopes up since i didn't know much about it. But now, from the trailers I've seen (featuring a forest base, exploding gas tanks, and rays of sunlight that look fan-freaking-tastic like I've never seen on the Xbox before) the game doesn't seem like anything more than a basic shooter. The trailer/vid didn't show any cut-scene cinematics or FMVs to hint at the possible story. I hope Black has more to it than the Best Outdoor Graphics ever seen on any console shooter ;)

13. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    DOA4 is 360 only. Why? It's hi-def, completely new interactive environments, and the entire fighting system has been refined.

It will supposedly come out on Friday.

Halo 3? Eh, we'll see about that guy. They better give us a ton of earth fighting as well as less mundane levels.

I haven't heard or looked into many other titles. Gears of War or whatever is supposed to be excellent.

14. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

im going to say the new call of duty, Halo3 and RE5(hoping but i wont miss out cuz im getting all the systems)

Bless

15. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

ROFL, guys, he's asking about XBox 1 and every reply is about the 360. Read the OP!

16. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

GAH! /slaps self You are right.

Sorry OP! I dunno much about the original xbox anymore. :(

17. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

At this point I doubt there will be many more XBox exclusives. All the exclusives will probably go 360. There might be a couple but I don't think many.

The best XBox titles to come out now that the 360 launched will either be PC ports or multiplatform IMHO. The same thing will happen after the other consoles launch, if they aren't dropped altogether.

Starcraft Ghost looks to be big...
    There's quite a few titles still coming according to IGN.
    http://xbox.ign.com/index/release.html

18. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

oppz sorry man....i cant help you on the xbox, mines colleting dust right now.

Bless

19. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

I could just replay Half-Life 2 over and over and be perfectly content...:rolleyes:

20. Schmittroth macrumors regular

Schmittroth

If you haven't played it them yet, Ninja Gaiden Black and Burnout Revenge came out not too long ago. Nothing but bad ass.

On the horizon,

Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers
    Fight Night Round 3
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent

I know the last 2 are also 360 bound as well but they'll still be pretty similar. We won't start seeing true next gen games until about midway of next year if I had to guess.

21. nimbus macrumors regular

I thought Microsoft was halting game development for the Xbox in 2006?

Oh well, for 360, I'd love to see a new Ninja Gaiden, though I heard it's going to be on the PS3 also, hmm. I'd like to see what Halo 3 is like, and it would be what most people say "uber" if they make Path of Neo for the 360 with hi-res graphics. I'm sure they have some decent games coming out...
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

22. Lincoln 6 Echo thread starter macrumors member

Hm! Good suggestions, I haven't tried those two yet. I know Ninja Gaiden Black has gotten great reviews (good price too to boot they say). Burnout Revenge?! I have Burnout 3: Takedown and love it, is Revenge much better? Hopefully Fight Night Round 3 will be good, I hope it's more sim than arcadey... then again it's EA Sports, so I'll bet it'll be arcadey :rolleyes:

23. Schmittroth macrumors regular

Schmittroth

Revenge is sooooo cool. The ability to 'check' same direction traffic and ability to blow up your opponents during a race is really cool. If you liked Takedown you'll love Revenge. 'Schmittman' is my xbox live nickname, see you online.

24. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I dunno, though I wouldn't be surprised. But third parties aren't.
    Why do you do this on every post?

25. belvdr macrumors 601

I just asked him this on another thread. Guess it doesn't matter now since he is banned.