Xbox + iBook question

Discussion in 'Games' started by pgc6000, Nov 29, 2004.

1. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

I will hopefully be geting an Xbox soon. Hopefully.....Anyway I was wondering if it is possible to hook up an Xbox to my iBook. Though it is a lot more fun to play it on the TV sometimes I may want to play it on my iBook. Is this possible?

2. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

3. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

From FAQ:

Q: Can I connect my PlayStation/GameCube/XBox to EyeTV?

A: You can, but playing on the EyeTV display won´t be much fun since the MPEG decoding mechanism currently employed by EyeTV introduces a delay of about 1.5 seconds. In other words, it always takes about 1.5 seconds before the results of a game controller command are displayed in the EyeTV window. EyeTV is a great solution to record your gameplay though.

4. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

I never said it could be done well ;) But it can be done.

There are probably more real time based tv tuners, but you would pay through the nose anyways.

I would just get an LCD add-on like this instead.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...95097&productCategoryId=cat08130&type=product

Beware of the BB bashers :eek:

5. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

6. applekid macrumors 68020

There are does DV bridges you can purchase, hook up your X-Box, and play fullscreen through iMovie. Well, that's what I did when my friends bring over their consoles.

7. pgc6000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for your help guys. I'll look into that DV Brigde you mentioned applekid.