Xbox live and Mac help!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ceruleanventure, Jun 26, 2006.

1. ceruleanventure macrumors regular

ceruleanventure

Hey everyone, can anyone give me instructions concerning how I can connect to Xbox live with my xbox, an ethernet cable and my iMac G5? All the stuff I found online or on this forum has been a bit frustrating since networking is not one of my gifts lol. I knew enough to turn on internet sharing (from airport to the ethernet port) but my xbox is being stubborn. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance :eek:

2. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Buy a router, they are cheap and provide better network security anyway.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

4. ceruleanventure thread starter macrumors regular

ceruleanventure

MacRumorUser, I followed your instructions in post 17, and the xbox still refuses to connect. I imputed all the numbers, got the ethernet connection working fine....However when I enter the information into my Xbox, I still get DNS errors. In your instructions you put in the number "10.0.1.1" and you said to use that "or whatever ip address your wireless router/access point has" I tried 10.0.1.1, and it didn't work. So where do I find my wireless router/access point number? Thanks for the help so far, this Xbox is driving me crazy.

5. ceruleanventure thread starter macrumors regular

ceruleanventure

*still screaming at the Xbox lol. Why did M$ make this so hard? You'd think they would've designed an easier interface for connecting to Xbox live. Do they expect the average user to be fluent in networking code? :mad:

6. ceruleanventure thread starter macrumors regular

ceruleanventure

After following various manuals online, I got it to connect. Thanks for the help, and I apologize for my frustrated attitude lol. If anyone needs help with Xbox life and macs, feel free to pm me, I'm think I know what I doing now :D