XBox live hacked?

Discussion in 'Games' started by darkwing, Mar 21, 2007.

1. darkwing macrumors 65816

http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=131

After being told for so long how superior x-box live is, I'm rather shocked! Will MS fix the problem quickly or will it spread? Anybody else hear of this?

2. Coded-Dude macrumors 6502a

Coded-Dude

you beat me by 2 minutes........mod feel free to close my thread.

3. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Actually merge the threads, i like how you quoted :p

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

You mean delighted ;) I'm sure :p

I'm sure they will patch / fix the vunerability quickly - if they havent already done so.

I wish someone will steal my account and add some more achivement points out of pity for my score.... :D

5. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Ah achievement points.. aka Virtual P*nis Points... :p ;)

It's just amusing when they get hacked after how much they and their xbots boast, though its MS so I am not very surprised. It's amazing that the CS rep said there is nothing they can do, thats absurd. I can see this getting worse if customer data is stolen.

Ed

6. darkwing thread starter macrumors 65816

Actually I'm not delighted. I never really cared about online anything. 99.9% of the gaming I do is single player. I just kinda had a desire to play VT online. :p

I may get a 360 for Trusty Bell, so I'd like to know I'd be safe if I chose to use xbl. I probably won't, though.

7. markymarkcirca macrumors newbie

I don't know how many people have been hit with their identities being stolen, and I don't care enough to read the article, but I have Live and it's definitely worth the money. I would never have considered myself an online gamer, but Live makes it a real easy transition. Between all the free content MS gives out, and the ability to play with or against friends on just about every game available to the 360.. yea, it's good stuff :cool:

8. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Microsoft, not secure? hackers? Why those words never meet eachother :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :

9. coffey7 macrumors 6502a

coffey7

At least they have an online service to be hacked. The Wii has nothing.

10. Mooey macrumors regular

The Wii's VC was hacked, but they released an update to fix it within a matter of days.

Though VC and XBL aren't the same thing.