Xbox Live is flourishing, but must we lose split-screen

Discussion in 'Games' started by giganten, Feb 13, 2007.

1. giganten macrumors 6502a

Jan 23, 2006

Very good article.

I like to play split-screen with my friends more then live..
    Live is good too. But if had to choose: Then I would take split-screen over Live.
  2. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Mar 12, 2006
    N'Albany, Indiana
    That's because you're a screen watcher.

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

Jul 17, 2005
    5045 feet above sea level
    im all for split screen. i think some games like doom3 on the xbox only had multi online which really sucked

i dont need fake friends to play multi when i have real ones right there
  4. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Jun 29, 2006
    There was a guy at a forum I go to a while ago complaining about this issue – we told him to get a life and play games that had co-op. Sure, it's not as fun for some people if you can't show them on your TV, but is it the end of the world?

Personally, yes, I think it'd be better if they all came with co-op. But they don't, so we just have to live with it if they're already out.
  5. Markleshark macrumors 603

Aug 15, 2006
    Carlisle, Up Norf!
    Slip screen only works with larger(er) TVs. Its just impossible on small TVs.
  6. zap2 macrumors 604

Mar 8, 2005
    Washington D.C
    I'll take split screen over online, but I'd like to have both(plus System link so we can sit in the same house, play each other, but not have screen problem
  7. kjr39 macrumors 6502

Nov 26, 2004
    I've never been a fan of split-screen and I have a big TV. I can never see a darn thing with it.

I'll take online over split.
  8. apachie2k macrumors 6502

May 23, 2006
    was MIAMI
    it really pisses me off when people like my brother, i know there are alot of people like him, freakin watch your screen and kill you before you even know what happened. How are you supposed to learn a map or anything, if you can't walk 2 ft. from a spawn? I realize you can do this online too, but another example would be madden, i can't beat him in madden because of it, but when i catch him off guard, TOUCHDOWN!!! haha, anyways split screen is something of the past, as is board games... it's all good, it's not even to win or loose its just to be with people! ahaha... it's really sad, but i think its the future...
  9. wwooden macrumors 68000

Jul 26, 2004
    Burlington, VT
    Offline split-screen is not as big a deal to me as it used to. When I was in college, all we played was Halo. Now, I just play Halo 2 online with a couple friend and we have a great time. We each have our own system and the whole screen to our selves.

I do think it is crazy for any company to build a shooter game and not put co-op in, offline or online. For example, Lost Planet has no co-op. My favorite part of Halo or Gears of War was playing the co-op. Especially in Gears where it is seemless when someone enters.

The one thing that really bugs me about 360 games is that most don't let you take another person with you online on one system unless you both have a live account. Gears is that way, both need to have a live account. It really bugs me, I know it isn't needed because you can do upto 4 people with Halo 2. That's probably the most frustrating thing to me about this new generation of games.
  10. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

Sep 4, 2006
    I Like split screen as much as the next person, however, people evolve and move away. My friends and I still have the ability to get together and do those things online. I do have to say that if split screen is going the way of the dodo then co-op needs be by live enabled.
  11. wwooden macrumors 68000

Jul 26, 2004
    Burlington, VT
    Exactly, I would have no problem with that. I really do enjoy playing the campaign with other people, it's less stressful than just playing multiplayer.