Xbox live through ibook?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Cfly, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Cfly macrumors regular

I have an ibook g4 that is wirelessly hooked up to the internet, so is there any way that i could get my xbox to draw its connection through the ibook without having to put wires all through my house?

2. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

It should work, go to System Preferences>Sharing and click on the tab labeled Internet.

I don't know if that would work, but it's worth a try. :confused:

3. Cfly thread starter macrumors regular

That didnt work, has anyone else tried to do this?

thanks

4. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

If you have the money just invest in one of the XBox wireless adapters, problem solved. I would think it would work with the internet sharing if you did everything right, might want to recheck it before we cross that option off the list.

jon

5. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Get a crossover cable
    Go to System Preferences, Sharing
    Choose Internet
    Make the 'Share your connection from' thing be set to whatever you want it to be set to. In your case, Airport. Chose to send it to Built-in Ethernet. then start the internet sharing.

Connect Xbox->iBook with the crossover cable

Now, anything connected to the ethernet port should be able to take your internet connection and use it.

Key thing:
    The "Ethernet Crossover cable" allows you to directly connect two computers. Powerbooks have auto-changing ports and so do not need cross over cables but iBook I'm pretty sure don't have this feature.

6. ryanjo macrumors newbie

Connect Xbox thru iBook to internet wirelessly

No this won't help. All the iBooks after the dual USB have automatic port sensing. See:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=42717

This is how to connect the Xbox to the internet using your iBook:

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20041112101646643

7. haiggy macrumors 65816

I am trying to do this aswell.

Using Aquaduct the computer recognizes the XBox but if I just try to connect to XBox Live (even though I don't have account) if I go to "Connect" it says cables are connected but it says the IP is not confirmed. I am not sure what to make the IP on my XBox or where to get the IP from on my computer (if that is what I need).