xbox maddness

Discussion in 'Games' started by irishgrizzly, Sep 29, 2006.

1. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

Assassins Creed, Gears of War, Mass Effect, Alan Wake, Bio Shock, GTA...:eek: I want them, but I'll never be able to afford them all.

I'm not really complaining as for the last year there has been only a couple of games that have interested me :D

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm looking forward to where they push GTA4. GoW I couldn't care much about, it's just another 3rd person shooter (and how many of them have been good?) to me, but has somehow caught the eye of everyone else. BioShock, Alan Wake, the new Tony Hawks... they're not pulling me. but GTA4 and Halo 3 I will be looking out for. Just to see if they can fix the bugs in GTA and remove that horrible taste Halo 2 left on my face.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

What happened to Alan Wake ? All is quiet on the wake front lately...

Hell at €75 for us per game it's no wonder you cant afford them all. Hopefully though some of them will be region free so we can order from playasia.com and they are usually end up costing 35 Euro including shipping... 2 for the price of 1 :)

Also only 1 of them is due this year, so you have plenty of time to save anyway ;)

4. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

For some reason I'm still not sure of, I bought the GTA trilogy on Xbox even though I'd bought all three on the PS2 already. I thought the Xbox controls were really clumsy (drive by shootings I found particularly difficult), particularly in San Andreas, and surprisingly the graphics in SA were worse than on the PS2.

Obviously on the 360 the graphics should be massively improved, but I hope they address the controls.

5. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Speaking of Halo (which I wasn't) I just read now that Peter Jackson will be taking charge of the development of an upcoming Halo game, not Halo 3 obviously, nor Halo Wars which I just heard about 5 minutes ago.

Yippee!

6. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

Rent them! There's a video store down the street from me that rents 360 games for 3 bucks for a week! Better than blockbuster's $8.00

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Handy, in Ireland there arent any 'major' chains like blockbuster or xtravision renting them yet. :(

8. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

I tend to replay most games a lot, so it's probably worthwhile buying; especially here in Ireland where there's no option as cheap.

9. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

Agreed. My face still hurts after playing Halo 2.

I am quite interested in Crackdown as well- looks very interesting.

10. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

You forgot Splinter Cell Double Agent and Rainbow Six: Vegas! :p Not to mention Call of Duty 3 and Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway…

11. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I cancelled my pre-order on GoW about a week ago and transfered the money to TP for the Wii. But after watching some of the vids...I can't NOT get GoW, it looks rad, and the the co-op thing is sweet. So *sigh* i re-pre-ordered it last night and now I think I will cancel my TP pre-order and shift that to eother CoD3 or FFXII. I really really REALLY want Zelda but I think I can wait until the Wii comes bundled with the new Mario or something before I get it. FFXII, GoW, Splinter Cell, CoD3, PS3+whatever, etc is a ton of gaming this fall that i don't have enough time for :(

12. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

^^ the negatives of two more console launches eh! ;) In a strange way I'm grateful to Sony for putting back the ps3 in Europe as it allows me to get a wii and the games I want at lauch, plus all the big titles for the 360. And still have enough time to save for a ps3 at launch :D

13. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I could of sworn Alan Wake was a PS3 game but I don't care. GoW and AC is all I care about.

GTA sucked for the xbox and still was buggy as ever...the PS3/360 GTA will be the same...expect the same crap.

Bless

14. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

It was always a 360 title, but i think it has gone multiplatform.

15. iGav macrumors G3

Alan Wake looks incredible :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'd never even heard of it until today when I saw the Intel Core Duo 2 Quad demo from the Intel Developer Forum a couple of days ago, with them demonstrating the realtime weather, lighting, physics etc etc etc... truly incredible. (though the cars look a little ropey, heh). :p

I watched one of the trailers today, fantastic Kubrick 'The Shining' esque helicopter shot. :eek: :cool:

16. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Checked:)

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6159047.html?tag=latestnews;title;2

MS points..the zune will rule.. Zuneboy for life....:confused:

Yeah I posted it in the X06 thread..Jackson is on the halo move.

Bless

17. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I thought it was going to be a PS3, then it went PS3/360, but MS bought out someone and now its a 360/PC only :confused:

yup, kinda sucks actually. Imagine if all three came out at once! that would be nuts! But oh well, doing it my revised way will save me some dough since I will only be buying another game instead of a game and a system. And I can use that 300$ i save towards some new shoes and a coat or two :D