Xbox on new Apple Cinema Displays?

Discussion in 'Games' started by mark88, Oct 30, 2004.

1. mark88 macrumors 6502a

Am I right thinking it's possible to get use Xbox with the New Al displays? And to get the Xbox running in it's hi def modes.

Xbox --> VGA Box(X2VGA or VD-Z3) --> VGA-DVI adaptor --> Cinema Display?

Does that sound right? and the daptor should be a "DVI-Female / VGA-Male" ? or am I totally wrong and it can't be done?

2. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

Off the top of my head I'm gonna say it isounds right...but I've never done it before, so I can't give you and first-hand experience.

3. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

4. mark88 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm not buying a Cinema Display purely for Xbox, as it happens I need a new PC monitor and also a new TV(bedroom) and figured it would be better if I was able to use 1 LCD for all that I want (TV/DVD/Xbox/PC) instead of buying both and having two LCD displays next to each other.

5. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

Why don't you buy an LCD TV.

Also please search as this topic has been asked NUMEROUS times.

6. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

Can't be done, the apple displays have no built in scaler.

Please use search, this is the 15th time I have answered this question . . .

7. mark88 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Is it just Apple LCD displays that don't have a scaler, or LCD displays in general that don't? The Xbox would need to be run through a VGA box anyway, I'm trying to find out now whether that does any scaling.

my apologies to your fingers

8. mark88 thread starter macrumors 6502a

oh, and btw. FYI, as it happens *I did* search the group (titles) for "xbox" prior to posting, just as I search *any* forum I join before making a post. Such a search doesn't reveal any of your answers. This question had been asked before, but those were regarding the old style cinema displays and no-body AFAICS gave the answer you gave.

Granted, you may have given similar answers to threads regarding using Cinema displays as a TV, with HDTV and even PS2. But as I was asking about Xbox one would assume the word Xbox would be a good place to start.

Really gets on my nerve when people are so quick to jump down other peoples throats.

Since you are so down with searching:

http://forums.macrumors.com/search.php?searchid=741117

http://forums.macrumors.com/search.php?searchid=741137

A search for HDTV, does indeed bring up more of your 'valuable' answers

http://forums.macrumors.com/search.php?searchid=741139

But as I'm in the UK. HDTV is something that at the present time is not available to me, nor will be for another 2 years. Therefore, I didn't search for it. It may be the 15th time you've answered similar questions. But not all can be reached by searching for words relevant to my question.

regards

9. applekid macrumors 68020

OT:

I don't completely blame people for trying to search, but we've had plenty of redundant and related topics, including your own. Someone needs to start an education campaign about how useful boolean operators are and/or yell at vBulletin for making such an incompetent search tool.

No hard feelings.

10. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

This is not a good way to leave a first impression.

11. ScottDodson macrumors 6502

ScottDodson

Well it is a "good" way to leave a first impression...just not a good way to leave a good first impression :p

12. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

That's what I meant :D

13. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

no, my apologies for yours, you could have saved lots of time typing if you just used SEARCH.