Xbox question

Discussion in 'Games' started by mgiddy911, Aug 12, 2004.

1. mgiddy911 macrumors member

Hello, I have an apple powermacintosh 8600/250
    On the A/V panel it has standard Video input through RCA and Svideo.
    I was Wondering if I could connect my Xbox directly to the RCA video input to play on my computer monitor, I want to do this because sometimes my parents want to watch tv while I play my xbox and we only have one tv...

is there a program that i can use that displays the video from videoinput directly on the monitor or anything liek that, preferably a free program...

2. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

Its called the Apple Video Player and it comes with the Mac OS

3. Ninja_Turtle macrumors 6502

party

that only comes with older OS's...he has an old macintosh..too old maybe to be carrying Apple Video Player

4. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

You sound like money is an issue, but if you have about $70 to blow, just get a www.x2vga.com ... will look a LOT better too.

5. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

He could get another small TV for that price.

6. PixelFactory macrumors regular

You might also get a bit of lag time that may effect gameplay.

7. heyadol macrumors member

and it only works with games that support progressive scan does it not? i have a different model and xbox looks amazing on a vga monitor but that 1 stupid game that doesn't support 480p won't even play. but if you do get it (or any other xbox-vga convertor that isn't merely an upscan convertor) go here to learn how to make the xbox dashboard support 480p and save you some trouble.

8. beatle888 macrumors 68000

beatle888

would hooking up the xbox to my tibook 667 do any harm? man that would really look nice. my tv is a sony flat screen (not flat as in wall mountable) but its nowhere near as nice as my laptop screen. it would be like a whole new game...sorta.

p.s. i run panther.

9. heyadol macrumors member

i used to play my xbox on my pbg3 'lombard' with a pcmcia card from irez. i think that company is under new management and they never made os x drivers and neither did anyone else as far as i know so i haven't tried it on my pbg4...um, it probably doesn't help that i have no pc card slot on my powerbook either.
    other than that, you could try a video capture device but they probably have an annoying delay (el gato says eyetv usb has a 1.5 sec delay, the irez card was less than .5 sec but it was noticeable). perhaps a firewire model can handle it. anyone else know of a way to get video into the powerbook? or send a vga signal to the powerbook screen?

10. Declan macrumors member

Most ways will have a lag, best pick up a cheap TV